Genetic distance of all modern ethnic groups to the Savanna Pastoral Neolithic

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Those were south cushites that arrived around 5,000 ybp, genetically we are the closet group to them, some of their Y haplogrops survived with us, these mofo brought pastoralism to south African and formed the Khoekhoen.

Funny enough we are closer to the Elmenteita and SPN then the last surviving south Cushitic group the Irawq which just shows Somalis haven't really changed that much since we left the Redsea hills.

1729681294941.png

1729681304915.png

1729681311779.png

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
I think the Somaliland samples on the map he is using is an average of myself and my parents. Ethnic Somalis in general are pretty close to these South Cushitic herders. Genetically we are slightly different as we have lower East African Hunter-Gatherer ancestry than them and Somalis carry minor Arabian admixture unlike these South Cushitic herders.

View attachment 346151
1729687795519.png

Mine is slightly different but pretty much the same.

Bari

Garabsare
Our ancient cushitic homeland, we are the true east africans. I always felt kenya to be home having been there twice.
1729689175904.png

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri aka Targaryen of the Awalid Kingdom.
Those were south cushites that arrived around 5,000 ybp, genetically we are the closet group to them, some of their Y haplogrops survived with us, these mofo brought pastoralism to south African and formed the Khoekhoen.

Funny enough we are closer to the Elmenteita and SPN then the last surviving south Cushitic group the Irawq which just shows Somalis haven't really changed that much since we left the Redsea hills.

View attachment 346227

View attachment 346228
View attachment 346229
There’s a South Cushitic Luxmanda Ancient sample which is very close to the Iraqw

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
There’s a South Cushitic Luxmanda Ancient sample which is very close to the Iraqw
I’ve observed that 50% of Maasai Y-DNA belongs to the E-M35 haplogroup, with 35% classified as E-M293 and 15% as E-V32. This suggests that southern Cushitic groups were partially assimilated by Nilotic populations and certain Bantu tribes in East Africa.

It's surprising that some southern Cushites persist today, as seen with the Iraqw in Tanzania and Khwe in Namibia who speak the Khoisan language, in which 30 % of males carry E-M293.

Mutombo

Congolese/Somali
I’ve observed that 50% of Maasai Y-DNA belongs to the E-M35 haplogroup, with 35% classified as E-M293 and 15% as E-V32. This suggests that southern Cushitic groups were partially assimilated by Nilotic populations and certain Bantu tribes in East Africa.

It's surprising that some southern Cushites persist today, as seen with the Iraqw in Tanzania and Khwe in Namibia who speak the Khoisan language, in which 30 % of males carry E-M293.
There is a Degodia guy coming up as relative on 23&me who has signicant Bantu admixture.
IMG_3551.jpeg
IMG_3550.jpeg

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri aka Targaryen of the Awalid Kingdom.
I’ve observed that 50% of Maasai Y-DNA belongs to the E-M35 haplogroup, with 35% classified as E-M293 and 15% as E-V32.
Masai's Cushitic ancestry seems mostly South Cushitic but it seems they do have minor East Cushitic ancestry which makes sense why they have E-V32. There's a bunch of East Cushitic groups in Kenya, many of whom are going extinct unfortunately.

As for statement regarding the Iraqw being closer to the Luxmanda sample, I was actually wrong. Somalis are closer despite Luxmanda being extremely Horner HG/SE African HG admixed.

Distance to:Tanzania_Luxmanda_3000BP
0.04225339Me_(Habar Awal)
0.04896583Rendille
0.05628007Iraqw
0.07715441Sudan_Arab_Kababish
0.09331643Ethiopian_Amhara
0.35085659Bantu_Kenya

Trending

Latest posts