Georgiana Devonshire letter

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The high English Aristocratic people were racist and classist against the Scottish people. ACTUALLY NOT! Georgiana of Devonshire was NOT racist but just a lil irritated! Lol Below letter is written by one of the most popular aristocratic women in 18th century England, Georgiana Cavendish. Her photo is in my profile. I cracked up so much reading this private letter to her best friend. She was essentially MAD one of her society aristocrat Duke was about to marry a daughter of a Scotts Duke from Scotland. She calls them "Original" & "Disgusting" :damn:

The letter is full of irritation and disappointment. Basically an English Duchess dissing a Scottish Duchess. But she is NEVER vicious. I was surprised by this letter because this paints a different picture of her for me. She comes off as Intelligencia irritated. LOL My heart warmed when she actually praised the young Scottish girl who was about to be picked by Georgiana's friend- Duke- of Bedford. She is never nasty. Excitedly fair and just, she comes off a little irritated. She basically was saying- the Scottish family is a cute circus visionary but not cute enough to be married to them. And she was right walaahi. That is why i love her. Six month of this letter- Duke of Bedford dies unexpectedly- his younger brother marries this Scottish girl- and the way she raised her children was WILD-- just as the Duchess of Devonshire predicted. First read the letter Duchess Devonshire wrote expressing her irritation.

"I suppose it must be so, and we are all undone. Loo's first error when he resolved against the connection was allowing himself to be surrounded by the tribe- he exposed himself at Kimbolton to the temptation of all others he was most likely to yield to - and though his good taste will i suppose disgust him with the different society he is about to mix with- yet as they will be all prepared to flatter him and as he is sometimes entertained with observing original character of which God knows he will have enough....i believe he must be very unhappy- and indeed cannot conceive his being happy unless he became different what he is. I think her very pretty, very bewitching, and clever certainly and i have liked some of the things i have seen in her wear. But certainly, there have been stories enough to make one tremble. What a futurity for loo to be surrounded with plotting, shabby Scott's men. The very amiability that sometimes arises from the grotesque originality of Scotch people is in a line very different from what should have thought would be Loo's election for the Mistress of Woburn. However, if he can like the kind of specimen of broad jokes (covering however artful designs) which he has seen with the Manchester's- one has nothing to say...No possible even could have so thoroughly overthrown the habits of our society as this "

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Thats not my name no more:comeon:

orange is the new black smile GIF

Trending