Groundbreaking genetic testing has finally been done on Horn Africans...Somalis ARE Mixed!

Researchers have discovered that the vast majority of the non-Sub-Saharan African DNA in Horn Africans predates the agricultural era. So more than 12 thousand years ago! So the theory that Somalis mixed with the Arabs after conversion to islam is totally wrong.

Researchers call this non-African DNA that's found in all Cushitic, Semitic and some Omotic ethnic groups "Ethio-Somali'.

Researchers have concluded this non-African DNA called "Ethio-Somali' comes from the Levant. So theory that Somalis are mixed with Yemenis is wrong.

What's interesting is that the Somali have the highest amount of this very ancient non-African DNA at 57%, Afars at 43%, Oromos at 33%, and the Tigray and Amhara both at 35%.

This also explains why Somalis look so different compared to all other Horn African ethnic groups. Why they have 'softer' and 'gracile' features, compared to the Afars, Oromos, and Habeshas.

Somalis are 57% non-African (most likely Levant), 23% Nilotic, and 6% Omotic.

The researchers have also discovered a second wave of admixture because they found out that the Amhara and Tigray both have 16% Arabian DNA, and Oromos and Afars both have 12% Arabian DNA. Somalis have only 0% Arabian DNA. The Amhara also has 7% Eurasian DNA and the Tigray at 8%.
So this proves the Habesha and Afars did mix with the modern-day Yemenis during the age of Aksum.
This also explains why the Amhara, Tigray, Oromos and even the Afars all have this similar Semitic look to them, with the big eyes, long hooked noses, lighter skin, etc. They look distinct from Somalis.

Somalis also have the highest Nilotic DNA at 23%, and the Afars at 20%. This explains why Somalis have darker skin and are taller.

Somalis have the least amount of the Omotic DNA of all Horn Africans, at 6%...with the Afars at 8%, Oromo at 21%, the Amhara at 16%, and the Tigray at 12%.
This also explains why Somalis look distinct from other Horn Africans, why they have softer hair, smaller noses and gracile features.

Table 2​

Estimated mean proportion of ancestry (greater than 5%) in Horn of Africa populations.1

Nilo-Saharan speaking​
Cushitic speaking​
Semitic speaking​
Omotic speaking​
Anuak​
Gumuz​
Afar​
Oromo​
Ethiopian Somali​
Somali​
Amhara​
Tygray​
Wolayta​
Ari Cultivator​
Ari Blacksmith​
Niger-Congo​
0.11​
Nilo-Saharan​
0.75​
0.59​
0.20​
0.19​
0.22​
0.23​
0.16​
0.17​
0.15​
0.10​
Ethiopic​
0.07​
0.35​
0.08​
0.21​
0.08​
0.06​
0.16​
0.12​
0.35​
0.63​
0.94​
Ethio-Somali​
0.43​
0.32​
0.53​
0.57​
0.35​
0.35​
0.27​
0.17​
Arabian​
0.12​
0.12​
0.16​
0.16​
0.08​
Eurasian​
0.07​
0.08​

Doesn't this tell us what we already know tho.
I'm sure the info of us being mixed was always referring to aincent admixture only ignorant people thought we mixed with arabs.

None of this is new

What's new? This has been known for a long time.

Only thing is the percentages. I thought we were roughly 55% proto-Nilotic and 45% ancient Levantine.

Keyword, ancient.
How is any of this new information? Somalis are still some of the most homogenous and oldest races on Earth.

Keyword, ancient.
How is any of this new information? Somalis are still some of the most homogenous and oldest races on Earth.

I mean it debunks the common belief that Somalis mixed with Arabs in the last few thousand years. Or that Somalis are even mixed with Arabs at all.

I mean it debunks the common belief that Somalis mixed with Arabs in the last few thousand years. Or that Somalis are even mixed with Arabs at all.

That was debunked ages ago. People who still say this are mostly trolling, except older generation and back home Somalis who aren't familiar with population genetics and still believe their clan origin stories. These studies have been around for a while though.

I googled levant and it shows countries like Syria, Lebanon and Israel so that means Somalis still have Arab blood in them?

Somalis are more eurasian than habeshas:salute:

Either way I’m more interested in finding out whether Somalis have that ancient hominid that other Africans have. Also wonder how much eurasian Niger-Congos have, I think the last one put them at 12.5%

I just find it offensive that when people look at Somalia they assume we have Arab blood in us almost as though Arabs are being complimented for our looks and features. I’ve had non Somalis compliment my looks and think I have Arab in me which is gross.

I just find it offensive that when people look at Somalia they assume we have Arab blood in us almost as though Arabs are being complimented for our looks and features. I’ve had non Somalis compliment my looks and think I have Arab in me which is gross.
Yeah I don't know why people think Somalis are mixed with Arab. We're not hairy like them, we're taller, smaller noses and softer features.

ZBR

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
I’ve always thought Somalis are mixed with Syrians from when we lived more north

ZBR

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Jordanian Bedouin men
23EDCED2-8D0A-49EE-A15C-82DD7750C415.jpeg
7DC4E173-E102-4A01-8A9E-F57C1DDAF2B0.jpeg
85EC83B6-F018-4F73-ACA7-DFC89B84BB41.png