Haile Selassie had haplogroup T-L208

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
From what I recall, Haile Selassie had a failed attempt to assimilate Somalis. Bribing them with resources did not work (yes, this really happened). My family is from K5 so I'm versed in the region's history. I presume he wanted to increase the height of his kingdom through some geeljire blood. Perhaps he recognized his lost Dir ancestry, which was diluted.

The site became unbearable because it is full of naive and stupid children.
Can you believe that this unknown video is the only source this idiotic post is based on?
That shows you how naive @NidarNidar is !!!!!!
This is typically a Laangaab syndrome.
It’s the other way around the dir in the northern are assimilated habaashi 😂 the real dir is ev32 make sense

No its the other way around look at what @NidarNidar posted just now. The Habasha guy with T-L208 has 15% Somali ancestry not the other way around. So it's from a Somali source.

See: It goes to show Amhara/Habasha with T-L208 are from Dir.
I have a male relative who is from Harar who is T-L208 and showing 15.1% Somali.
View attachment 343984
View attachment 343985

These examples with the one i showed, goes perfectly along with the history @Emir of Zayla pointed out that they are birthed by Somali knights settled in the highlands or the Gurage mountains were they converted a bunch since it's from a paternal source
When Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al-Ghazi conquered Abyssinia and was consolidating his control over the newly acquired Abyssinian territories, he did so by appointing Muslim governors over districts and provinces to administer the lands under the Sultanate.
View attachment 343949
The conquered Habesha would become farming peasants to their Muslim lords and knights and pay annual Jizya taxes. The Muslim governors who settled in the provinces would build their residences and mosques for the arriving Muslim families from the lowlands and new converts. Every knight who fought in the conquest was granted land in Abyssinia.
View attachment 343950

Also in the 1800s, Somali Issas lived near Laibela, we’ve had a deep presence in the Abyssinian highlands.
View attachment 343954

What is the evidence that Haile Selassie had haplogroup T-L208?
@NidarNidar post is based on an unknown video.
Can't you see the stupidity here?

I have no idea about Haile Sellasie , i thought yall was talking about Nidar's Dir lineage.

edit: Lmao look at this @NidarNidar . This is like the Ghenghis Khan effect baring the DNA ancestry of your conquerors

4144YSZ.png

Last edited:
I don't care about the @NidarNidar's lineage .
My response was clearly sarcastic about the lack of logic in his post.
Pure stupidity and naivety on his part.
Do you agree with what he wrote?

No i disagreed , he was trying to imply that habeshas with T-L208 is proof that Somalis with the same lineage are their assimilates, i was showing him that it was not the case , quite the opposite. It is more likely that they are descendants of Somali highland conquerors, the other proof is how 22% of Amhara have the highly Somali specific and originated male ancestry of E3b1

Although i don't have much interest in DNA and genetics, it's sometimes interesting to see how it aligns with recorded migration/or expansion and population history.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
What is the evidence that Haile Selassie had haplogroup T-L208?
@NidarNidar post is based on an unknown video.
Can't you see the stupidity here?
We will never know sadly, I looked for the source, originally this wasn't supposed to be taken seriously, but there is quite a bit of genetic and historical evidence that points out that these men left a lasting legacy.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
I have no idea about Haile Sellasie , i thought yall was talking about Nidar's Dir lineage.

edit: Lmao look at this @NidarNidar . This is like the Ghenghis Khan effect baring the DNA ancestry of your conquerors

4144YSZ.png

I even have an Eritrean relative with T-L208 on 23andme, I've reached out to them but nothing yet, I've always assumed the T from Amhara to be Sudanic in origin, I'm going to try get that relative on 23andme to take the big Y.

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Let me run this by you all and maybe others on this thread can add some insight into this . There is a Somali guy that randomly found an Amhara was his third cousin on 23andme and that Amhara has 20% Somali ancestry and has no idea where it came from. The Somali is of full Somali ancestry btw and he was perplexed by it.

How is it possible that an Ethiopian Amhara is my third cousin on 23andMe?

screenshot-3-png.188333

screenshot-2-png.188334

There is a few Amhara here and there on 23ndme who causually discover that they have Somali ancestry and relatives they never knew about. It never or rarely happens the other way around.

It reminds me of how Said Shidad pointed out that genome testing on Somali that found Y-marker that originated in Somalis E3b1 cluster lineage, is also found in 22% of Amhara after 39% of Oromo as the 2nd highest frequency, it makes sense when we consider the history that Somalis conquered the highlands during the middle ages and resettled a great number of their own in those territories.

Would be amazing if we would get more horners on YFull to see if they belong to somali specific markers.

@Step a side sxb, you got work to do.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Would be amazing if we would get more horners on YFull to see if they belong to somali specific markers.

@Step a side sxb, you got work to do.

Amharic is the elite language, the amharas will go extinct but their language will remain alive in those that absorbed them or will they go the way of the Neanderthals, to be completely exponged but for a small percentage of DNA to remain.

View attachment 344008
View attachment 344009
His paternal grandfather was from Digsa, Segheneyti, Southern, Eritrea, north of Aksum, how the f*ck did a Somali get there.

We reached all the way to Sudan and parts of Nubia and conquered the whole of Eritrea, so that might reflect the portion of ancestry from those Somali conquerors.

Although there should be more research into this. I know there are sections of Beja Beni Amer that traces descent from Somali Faqi's from Zayla. So it might give us more clues if we peak into the clans and tribe names in the area

pKlSaYq.jpeg

Last edited:

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
We reached all the way to Sudan and parts of Nubia and conquered the whole of Eritrea, so that might reflect the portion of ancestry from those Somali conquerors.

Although there should be more research into this. I know there are sections of Beja Beni Amer that traces descent from Somali Faqi's from Zayla. So it might give us more clues if we peak into the clans and tribe names in the area

pKlSaYq.jpeg

The Beni-Amer people became politically significant in the 16th-century when their founder Amer Kunu – the son of a Muslim holy man named Ali Nabit[6] – joined forces with the Funj and the Ja'alin to defeat the Belew rulers of Eritrea and the surrounding region. Amer's descendants, or Beni-Amer in Arabic, became the new ruling class called Nabtabs who allied themselves with Diglal as the paramount chief ruler.[5][7] A confederation of many subtribes accepted the new rule, and these therefrom have been the Beni-Amer people.[5][8]

Social structucture

The Funj Sultanate, also known as Funjistan, Sultanate of Sennar (after its capital Sennar) or Blue Sultanate (due to the traditional Sudanese convention of referring to black people as blue)[10] (Arabic: السلطنة الزرقاء, romanized: al-Sulṭanah al-Zarqāʼ),[11] was a monarchy in what is now Sudan, northwestern Eritrea and western Ethiopia. Founded in 1504 by the Funj people, it quickly converted to Islam, although this conversion was only nominal. Until a more orthodox form of Islam took hold in the 18th century, the state remained an "African empire with a Muslim façade".[12] It reached its peak in the late 17th century, but declined and eventually fell apart in the 18th and 19th centuries. In 1821, the last sultan, greatly reduced in power, surrendered to the Ottoman Egyptian invasion without a fight.[13]

:mjlol:How far did these Somalis raid into Sudan.
1727388613220.png

1727388634501.png

Trending