Harari family names that are somali

I think part of why they went towards an urbanized-ethno mode is because of how their other admixture of incoming south-Ethiopic-Sidamic people had fewer agnatic tribal comittments and were initiated into the establishments of Somalis that created the ground for cosmopolitanism. We also have to factor in that clans function differently in different contexts. We can't also not account for the Abissinyan influence during the late pre-colonial period a specific type of city identity urban living after 1887 that homogenized much of current Ethiopia.
Can you talk more about this. Ate you saying that ethiopia was homogenized due to urban living. If so Is there any reason we haven't seen this in somalia yet?

Can you talk more about this. Ate you saying that ethiopia was homogenized due to urban living. If so Is there any reason we haven't seen this in somalia yet?
Yes, for sure. These consequences bore fruit from the top-down feudal centralizations that later turned into this thing called "Ethiopia" that reached further into distinct peoples, homogenizing them.

Abyssinia had no structural control over Somali lands. That is why you see big behavioral-cultural markers differences between Ethiopians and Somalis. You will not know the difference between a Cushitic Ethiopian in central Ethiopia and any central Habash person unless they tell you what they are and/or speak their language.

You can see the same thing in Kenya. Generally, Kenyans are very homogenous in their behavior irrespective of ethnic groups because of the post-colonial structural and institutional influence.

There was a structural homogenizing culture that came during the colonialist expansion of Ethiopia that today defines much of the collective norms of these days that often go beyond ethnic and tribal lines. Calling it "urban" may not be correct since what I mean is basically a cultural social and cultural horizon built upon national conceptions and imperialism.

I believe Harar is like many cities in Somalia. That had a religious origin, where people were encouraged to let go of tribal attachments and unite on the studying and teaching of Islam and Sufi orders. In the South of Somalia in Gedo, Bardheere is an example of this. In the North thereโ€™s a place in Sheekh where this exists too. Also Warsheekh near Mogadishu, The Dervishes of Sayyid Muhammad Abdullah Hassan were also said to do this. Itโ€™s beautiful in my opinion that there so much of these attempts existed across the Somali peninsula.

May Allah have mercy on our righteous ancestors. Aameen. They deserve more attention than Low-IQ qabilists.

Trending