HAYAAY! ive found a neef daaqaya! Somali chick " I've been living with a secret 4 the past 15years"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Amy lives an outgoing lifestyle of hanging out, going to parties, or otherwise having a great time with her friends. However, despite all the good times, none of her friends know the huge secret that she's been keeping the past 15 years. In reality, Amy has been living a double-life. Her real name is Elhan and she is Muslim. Shortly after her arrival in the U.S., 9/11 struck and the permeating anti-muslim sentiment and occasional violence against Muslims drove her to conceal her identity, faith, and name from everyone except her family. Tired of hiding behind the fear of being condemned by her beliefs, Elhan is ready to be true to herself and not let 'Amy' hold her back anymore.

http://www.takepart.com/pivot/secret-lives-of-americans/cast

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I don't know if this counts as real life Catfishing. 15 years is a really long time..

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
It says this video is not available. Whoever uploaded it, removed it.

My bat my niggaz ...only for folks in the States..its country specifics ...just like how I can't watch your Adam Bbc :dabcasar: just happy to see you folks unhappy abt this restriction

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It's a psychological thing, her fear of being rejected and ostracized by her group of friends was so strong that she built a new herself a new persona. If she really did keep it up for 15 years I'm guessing she experienced depression and anxiety too.

I'm guessing this phenomenon is probably common aftee the Paris attacks and what not. I've never really experienced Islamophobia but hijab wearing Muslim women are hurt more by this and usually get the short end of the stick.
giphy.gif

Apollo

VIP
I've never really experienced Islamophobia.

Well, if you have an Islamic sounding name you might have experienced Islamophobia without realizing when applying for jobs? White managers often don't hire people because of Muslim sounding names.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Well, if you have an Islamic sounding name you might have experienced Islamophobia without realizing when applying for jobs? White managers often don't hire people because of Muslim sounding names.
You're right, sorry for not elaborating
I meant like experiencing it in person.

Hubble

VIP
Ilaahey baa soo hanuunshe. Stop making fun of her. She finally had the courage to come out and she might inspire good feelings and actions in others Insha Allah.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Only a weak person with a weak faith would lie about their identity. 9/11 was also a test for Muslims. Instead of running away and forming a new identity like a coward she should have stood her ground. She's using 9/11 as an excuse to do what she really wanted. She's a flip flopper. She might pretend to be a Buddhist next year.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Only a weak person with a weak faith would lie about their identity. 9/11 was also a test for Muslims. Instead of running away and forming a new identity like a coward she should have stood her ground. She's using 9/11 as an excuse to do what she really wanted. She's a flip flopper. She might pretend to be a Buddhist next year.

She got exposed on my this secret fb forum. Apparently she lied about the fact that she came to America way earlier but she used the timing of 9/11 to get advantage on the documentary, like saying "I was naive, FOB, and scared " when in reality she was settled long before.

If I was subjugated and put down like her I'd fake my ancestory just to get by, luckily I lived my life racism inspite having to deal with racism I deal with inside racism i don't know how to explain it but I can't click with Somalis in real life had to fake my urge to swear up the living hell but I suppressed it.

Protecting yourself from poking fingers is one thing and denying your culture is another thing in its entirety

Status
Not open for further replies.