How can I gain fluency in mother tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys newbie here,

I just wanted to know what is the best and quickest way to gain complete fluency in reading, writing and speaking af somali?

Thanks

Embrace the reer miiyi lifestyle for atleast half a year :rejoice:
I did go to somalia for 2 months but that didnt really help since I did not have a good enough base to make my point across.

Do you guys think I should cut my losses and jst say im kenyan??

Read and watch a lot of akhbaar. You'll be more politically up to date and you'll learn to speak and read somali.
It's the easiest and one of the fastest ways to learn languages.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
He is right. You need to speak with locals otherwise you will never develop the fluency.

I saw this Guy on youtube who can speak 7 languages fluently I remember he Said he lived 1 year in spain he thought his spanish was good cause he had studied it for 3 years But he learned he was shit at it cause he studied Spanish he never engaged in it than when he started speaking with the locals
He got better

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
I saw this Guy on youtube who can speak 7 languages fluently I remember he Said he lived 1 year in spain he thought his spanish was good cause he had studied it for 3 years But he learned he was shit at it cause he studied Spanish he never engaged in it than when he started speaking with the locals
He got better

My Somali got much better when I went to Somalia. In 3 months my Somali improved drastically. If I stayed 2 more months I would probably have perfect conversational Somali. It only started improving when I was started conversing with people.

VixR

Veritas
I've been told to read news websites, but then u get there and it's like
rs_500x214-150415095549-Rq7GML4.gif
even though the articles tend to be fairly short. Just look at the sizes of the words that stretch on for days with tons of double vowels in this snapshot of a recent article:
IMG_0678.JPG

Also, if you're used to English spelling system, it'll mess with you. I was trying to read one to do with Germany and it said "Jarmalka" in the headline title, knowing "ka" = the, I asked what the heck is a "Jarmal", come to know it's the word for "German":leon:

I thought for sure it'd Germanka in that case, but no it's no longer recognizable even when sounding it out with a random "l" where an "n" should be in "Jarmal".

I'd say the best strategy is to commit a petty crime or mouth off so your parents feel compelled to dhaqan celis'd your ass, it's probably the most cost-effective way to land a trip to the motherland and the most and effective-effective way to gain access to afSomalka, immersing yourself in the language being the best way to learn it.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I've been told to read news websites, but then u get there and it's like
rs_500x214-150415095549-Rq7GML4.gif
even though the articles tend to be fairly short. Just look at the sizes of the words that stretch on for days with tons of double vowels in this snapshot of a recent article:View attachment 9021

Also, if you're used to English spelling system, it'll mess with you. I was trying to read one to do with Germany and it said "Jarmalka" in the headline title, knowing "ka" = the, I asked what the heck is a "Jarmal", come to know it's the word for "German":leon:

I thought for sure it'd Germanka in that case, but no it's no longer recognizable even when sounding it out with a random "l" where an "n" should be in "Jarmal".

I'd say the best strategy is to commit a petty crime or mouth off so your parents feel compelled to dhaqan celis'd your ass, it's probably the most cost-effective way to land a trip to the motherland and the most and effective-effective way to gain access to afSomalka, immersing yourself in the language being the best way to learn it.
:drakelaugh:You gotta have the hingaad down though.

Status
Not open for further replies.