How do YOU make shaah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you add qorfe or hayl? Both? Sinjibiil?

Do you put the teabags in markuu biyaha karkaro or a bit before? Do you take the teabags out after a while? How many teabags? Do you start off with hot water in the kirli or cold? How much sonkor baa ku darsatiin? Caano ma ku karisaan?

This is such a deep topic I encourage lengthy discussion and minimal derailment.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Well I like to make My shaah with cinnamon, whole cloves, bay leaves, cordamon pods, nutmeg no caano though

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
First I make sure that there's left over shaax, then I turn the stove on before adding milk and dumping a fuckton of sugar into it.
I'm a shaax scavenger, it's sad but I can't get the cinnamon/cloves to sugar/cardamom ratio on point.

Shit's too intricate, I prefer coffee.

First I boil the water, then I add the cardamom, cinnamon sticks, ginger and cloves. When that comes to boil together I will add the sugar. We make a big tarmus so I add about 8 spoons of sugar. That's not a lot of sugar we are using a lot of water, a litre n half to be exact. I put it now on low heat and let the spices all work in the water. Then I toss in 1 tea bag and I don't let it sit in (we don't want that dark bitter color but bright light red). As soon as it boils I take it out.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Do you add qorfe or hayl? Both? Sinjibiil?

Do you put the teabags in markuu biyaha karkaro or a bit before? Do you take the teabags out after a while? How many teabags? Do you start off with hot water in the kirli or cold? How much sonkor baa ku darsatiin? Caano ma ku karisaan?

This is such a deep topic I encourage lengthy discussion and minimal derailment.
i barley ever drink it and have only made it once and i butchered it ,all i remeber is you boil water ,put in the tea bag,add some sunkor,and that qarfo and sinjabeel shit.I hate that shit that's at the bottom of the cup once you're finished drinking the shaah. I dont understand how people drink shaah ringi do they want yellow teeth or something and it's bare hot that's why i always put loads of cadees.Anyways idk why you're asking beesha sspot were mostly males:what1::what1:.
I suggest you ask hoyoo macaan or any other competant female for a quick tutorial

First I boil the water, then I add the cardamom, cinnamon sticks, ginger and cloves. When that comes to boil together I will add the sugar. We make a big tarmus so I add about 8 spoons of sugar. That's not a lot of sugar we are using a lot of water, a litre n half to be exact. I put it now on low heat and let the spices all work in the water. Then I toss in 1 tea bag and I don't let it sit in (we don't want that dark bitter color but bright light red). As soon as it boils I take it out.
But the water boiled three times? How does that work?

i barley ever drink it and have only made it once and i butchered it ,all i remeber is you boil water ,put in the tea bag,add some sunkor,and that qarfo and sinjabeel shit.I hate that shit that's at the bottom of the cup once you're finished drinking the shaah. I dont understand how people drink shaah ringi do they want yellow teeth or something and it's bare hot that's why i always put loads of cadees.Anyways idk why you're asking beesha sspot were mostly males:what1::what1:.
I suggest you ask hoyoo macaan or any other competant female for a quick tutorial
War I ain't looking for no tutorial I'm merely curious my shaah is on point shit is so intricate but I've mastered it best believe

First I make sure that there's left over shaax, then I turn the stove on before adding milk and dumping a fuckton of sugar into it.
I'm a shaax scavenger, it's sad but I can't get the cinnamon/cloves to sugar/cardamom ratio on point.

Shit's too intricate, I prefer coffee.
:dead:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
War I ain't looking for no tutorial I'm merely curious my shaah is on point shit is so intricate but I've mastered it best believe
2c5.png

@ebyaaney I always do it like this

1. Add cold water to the kettle and wait until it boils
2. Start crushing the cardamom while waiting for the water to boil
3. Once the water boils, add teabags and wait until the water turns into tea
4. Add sugar and cardamom into the tea
5. Wait 5 minutes until the tea is flavoured with sugar and cardamom
6. Add milk (optional)

Voila! Your very own shaah

Last edited:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
@ebyaaney I always do it like this

1. Add cold water to the jalmad and wait until it boils
2. Start crushing the cardamom while waiting for the water to boil
3. Once the water boils, add teabags and wait until the water turns into tea
4. Add sugar and cardamom into the tea
5. Wait 5 minutes until the tea is flavoured with sugar and cardamom
6. Add milk (optional)

Voila! Your very own shaah
BX-nui5CUAAnAs7.jpg:large

General consensus seems to be to boil the water first. I do it completely opposite, start with cold water, immediately add the sonkor and spices, bring to boil, add the teabags then immediately turn it off. Wait for the caleen to sink in then done.

If I have time I like my shaax somali style. First, I put some cold biyo, caano and sokor in teapot and bring them to boiling. Then I add the hayl and qorfe in there. When everything boils I throw one tea bag in there. I wait a minute or two and put it in the darmuus. I use mini sieve to remove the large particles of the hail and qorfe. I then like to enjoy my shaah with buskut or cake.

If I don't have time then British tea it is. I put the kettle on. Put 2 and a half teaspoon of sugar and tea bag in cup. I then pour the hot water in there. After that I put some milk. I then stir it all together and throw away the teabag.

P.s I love Somali tea more than British tea.
P.s.s Skimmed milk >>> semi-skimmed milk.

There is nothing more refreshing than a cup of tea :mybusiness:

Gotta go with PG tips. Boil it in a pot to your desired color(mine is braking red) ad some ginger slices, take it off the heat and prepare your cup. I measure my sugar sperately because I'm not a fan of over sweet tea

Nothing will beat those tiny cups of mint tea they give you in the Arab restaurants tho :banderas:

Boil Milk in a saucepan over the stove.
Remove from heat and add the tea leaves, (cardamom pods/ Hayl) and a pinch of (cinnamon/ Qurfa) & Stir.
Return to the heat until it boils again and remove immediately.
And add 5 teaspoons of sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.