How do you read .

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
how do you read research articles ? I'm about to sleep through this , I don't like reading something I'm not interested in , it's tortureo_Oo_Oo_O

Help me out here what's some reading cheats.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You're like 10 get out

On the screen, maybe that's why it's straining my eyes?

Reading material on a screen is actually more mentally draining. This is my suggestion for those that want a short cut/cheat. Simply download this free text-to-speech software called balabolka. You can upload your PDFs, EPUBs, TXTs, Word Files etc. and it can read it to you at whatever speed you choose. You will get through your reading material in a fraction of the time it takes you.
It's believed to help with reading comprehension and error detection as well if one is writing. The only downside is the mono-toned voice. If you prefer a paid software NaturalReader is a decent alternative with better sounding voices than say, Microsoft David. :pachah1:

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Reading material on a screen is actually more mentally draining. This is my suggestion for those that want a short cut/cheat. Simply download this free text-to-speech software called balabolka. You can upload your PDFs, EPUBs, TXTs, Word Files etc. and it can read it to you at whatever speed you choose. You will get through your reading material in a fraction of the time it takes you.
It's believed to help with reading comprehension and error detection as well if one is writing. The only downside is the mono-toned voice. If you prefer a paid software NaturalReader is a decent alternative with better sounding voices than say, Microsoft David. :pachah1:
There
was a research site I was on and it had that option were there's a voice reader I got put off by the monotone voice :ftw9nwa:

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
There
was a research site I was on and it had that option were there's a voice reader I got put off by the monotone :ftw9nwa:

:trumpsmirk: Something has to give lol. Over time you get used to it. The alternative is spending more time on an article and falling asleep from boredom.
10fxZavhBFXsUE.gif

My other suggestion is to take small (mini breaks) while reading particularly for more dense/complex material.

Use the pomodoro technique, the technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals, traditionally 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks.

To simplify,
  1. Decide on the task to be done.
  2. Set the pomodoro timer (traditionally to 25 minutes).
  3. Work on the task.
  4. End work when the timer rings and put a checkmark on a piece of paper.
  5. If you have fewer than four checkmarks, take a short break (3–5 minutes), then go to step 2.
  6. After four pomodoros, take a longer break (15–30 minutes), reset your checkmark count to zero, then go to step 1.
Why does this work?
Frequent breaks keep your mind fresh and focused. The constant timing of your activities makes you more accountable for your tasks and minimizes the time you spend procrastinating.

Last edited:

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Use the pomodoro technique, the technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals, traditionally 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks.

To simplify,
  1. Decide on the task to be done.
  2. Set the pomodoro timer (traditionally to 25 minutes).
  3. Work on the task.
  4. End work when the timer rings and put a checkmark on a piece of paper.
  5. If you have fewer than four checkmarks, take a short break (3–5 minutes), then go to step 2.
  6. After four pomodoros, take a longer break (15–30 minutes), reset your checkmark count to zero, then go to step 1.
Why does this work?
Frequent breaks keep your mind fresh and focused. The constant timing of your activities makes you more accountable for your tasks and minimizes the time you spend procrastinating.

I have ADHD I can't follow steps but Thanks for your help :ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa:

Trending