How much do you tip at restaurants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The least amount I tip is 5 or 6 dollars, if I had a light meal, for example coffee and sandwich. If I'm with friends we all had big meal, I tip 10 dollars and encourage others to do the same.

How much do you tip?

@UncleMenace do you tip after you use your groupon coupon? :chrisfreshhah:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The only tip i give out is hollow tips:gunsmiley:

giphy.gif

VixR

Veritas
One time I was out in another city dining out on the patio of a nice brunch place, and it so happened my friend and I had maxed out our cards on the trip (last day, right b4 our plane back). Both our cards were declined and we were legit considering bolting and becoming fugitives when I found my other other card in a compartment of my bag that only ended up being just enough to pay the high bill but not enough to tip the waitress. She looked at me like I had just torture-murdered her dearest family member. As recompense (I like to think), I didn't get to eat anything til I got home two planes later lmao.

After that, I read about the industry, and all their struggles, and learned why the lady had transformed from an awesome waitress to someone who looked like they wanted to strangle me. I learned the necessity of tiping and I feel like shit when I don't. I even tip shitty service. But I only occasionally eat out.

I never tip. Unless im a frequent vistor to that resturant. Why tip if im never going to come back. Also in Miami where i live tipping is included in the reciept. 20 percent

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
25% good service. 12.5% bad. I wouldn't eat out if I wasn't planning on on leaving a good tip. Besides :ufdup:it's much cheaper to go shopping and treat your date or pack a lunch for work. You'll save 1000's in a year alone.

Every now & then I pay for the driver beind me at fast food drive thruu's.
At restaurant's it entirely depends on the quality of the food & staff.

I kinda feel the same but those miskeens don't even make minimum wage. The government literally expects people to tip, so minimum is a few dollars less for service workers.
Yeah it sucks but why dont we tip janitors as well? they earn shit lol not fair to tip a person walking from the kitchen to your table for a living. Society put random expectations. I think it has to do with women being sexy waitresses and as men we tipp them cuz they fine as hell. Then it just became a norm

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Yeah it sucks but why dont we tip janitors as well? they earn shit lol not fair to tip a person walking from the kitchen to your table for a living. Society put random expectations. I think it has to do with women being sexy waitresses and as men we tipp them cuz they fine as hell. Then it just became a norm
Janitors atleast are paid the real minimum wage. And a lot of them are actually paid a lot more. It's a shitty job but the pay is not always shitty. But waiters/waitresses are always paid peanuts.

Apollo

VIP
In Europe, there's no tipping culture. And even if you give them tips, many companies force them to hand it over to the boss or something. It's pointless here.

VixR

Veritas
In Europe, there's no tipping culture. And even if you give them tips, many companies force them to hand it over to the boss or something. It's pointless here.
American restaurants businesses and cruises hate your stingy asses. When European tourists and business ppl flood our cities throughout the year and during the summer, most of them do not tip and the waiters know u for what u are as soon they hear your crusty little accents.

You Americans have weird systems. Like @Amun said, there is no tipping here in Australia too. And also, the GST (goods and services tax) is already included in the price of anything you buy, so you pay whatever it says on an item/service. No confusion, no fuss and no bloody tipping shit (even our low-paid workers here make good money, compared to the US).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending