How prevalent was poaching in Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These animals just follow greenery. You cannot eradicate them. Kenya has many and thus they will keep pouring into Somalia. There is no barrier between Kenya and Somalia.

i agree,these animals follow where most food is,they have routine well known yearly migratory route the animals follow,in the rainy season they will come to jubba river and drink the water enjoy the weather and when there is abaar they go back.!
I got a job in Kismayo and i want to visit there lifestyle inshalah,my job will be b/w kismayo and xamar

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP

We don't need wildlife! Our climate can't sustain livestock anymore and y'all talkin about wildlife. Let's just stick to our camels, the pride of Somalis
:rejoice:

No. It was giraffes. I know what I saw. I've never seen ostriches before. I remember travailing to afgoey and seeing hyenas too.

lol,i saw lions and lion cups,wildboar,foxes
(different varies),huge array collection of birds,just few km from balcad into jungle,the area is known and it is called ceel libaax,the lions have deep jungle area and they eat what ever enter that area especially livestock and wildboar.hippos aka riverhorse live in jowhar shabelle river as well as rhinos.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.

We don't need wildlife! Our climate can't sustain livestock anymore and y'all talkin about wildlife. Let's just stick to our camels, the pride of Somalis
:rejoice:

waryaa it's not the camel that is our pride

coa-so.gif

mg-9812.jpg

This is NFD near somali border,the giraffe follow their route ,drink in jubba valley and go back then come back,we need a wildlife conservation park there.plus water is the most important factor that keep the animals around,as long as the areas has continuous yearly supply of water,it is the best place for any animal to thrive.

alshabab/isis especially foreign section hunting giraffe to feed
2E0B453100000578-3300437-image-a-2_1446482283432.jpg

Last edited:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I saw cheetahs on the road between Garoowe and Gaalkacyo. If arid Puntland has them, surely South Somalia has a lot more.

I've never seen cheetahs. My mother when she was younger used to see monkeys, one chased her, giraffes, elephants and cheetahs. She hates Elephants. Says they ruin the beautiful plants. What a privilege she's had, witnessing such beautiful animals.

Apollo

VIP
I've never seen cheetahs. My mother when she was younger used to see monkeys, one chased her, giraffes, elephants and cheetahs. She hates Elephants. Says they ruin the beautiful plants. What a privilege she's had, witnessing such beautiful animals.

There are many of them. I saw several different ones. I think they eat the warthogs and small antelopes.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
What do cheetahs have to do with Somalia?

I've only seen cheetahs in a cage back home. They obviously shipped it from somewhere

The Sudan cheetah[2] (Acinonyx jubatus soemmeringii) is acheetahsubspecies from Central and Northeast Africa. It lives in fragmented areas of Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia and the Central African Republic. It is also commonly known as Somali cheetah,[3]Northeast African cheetah or Central African cheetah.

they have everything to do with our country.

Apollo

VIP
What do cheetahs have to do with Somalia?

I've only seen cheetahs in a cage back home. They obviously shipped it from somewhere

Somaliland apparently doesn't have as many as the rest of Somalia. Perhaps that's why you haven't seen them.

Cheetah_range_-_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.