How wezternized is your family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeesto

VIP
And has the exposure of other religions, cultures and non religious beliefs affected or influenced your lives?
To all my athiests peps, did you come out to your family if not why?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
My parents speak English fluently and speak it at home from time to time. That's as far as it goes.

They can't stand most western values. My siblings range from conservative to liberal though we all abstain from most vices.

Just a regular family tbh.

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being extremely westernised)
My family is a 3 or 4 my first language is Somali despite me being born in the UK.

Jeesto

VIP
They can't stand most western values. My siblings range from conservative to liberal though we all abstain from most vices.

Just a regular family tbh.
Ever been kicked out for doing something against their views? :icon lol:
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being extremely westernised)
My family is a 3 or 4 my first language is Somali despite me being born in the UK.
Are somalis in the uk conservatives or more liberal compared to for example those in the US and Sweden?

I heard some of you europhiles celebrate Birthdays and Halloween. :susp:

Yo never adopt the good aspects of white culture. Only the worthless pagan traditions.

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
Both my parents speak English and I mostly speak English to them and they reply in Somali. I can do as I please most of the time I don't have a curfew.

I am an atheist but I haven't told anyone yet I think things would get ugly if it did.

Both my parents speak English and I mostly speak English to them and they reply in Somali. I can do as I please most of the time I don't have a curfew.

I am an atheist but I haven't told anyone yet I think things would get ugly if it did.
Test the waters before you decide in the future.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
My parents are pretty westernised. My dad came here aged 17 and my mother came aged 20.

They both are very liberal but have recently started becoming more and more religious. My mum is showing the signs of conservatism at times.

In my house we celebrate birthdays, halloweens and I attend parties. They're really understanding of social issues and etc.

The one downside to them tho is their nationalism: They love Somalia but hold Somalis in disdain. Thats why we don't live in Melbourne. At home they speak in Somali and I reply in English or vice versa.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
my parents are very conservative and i am not allowed to do the mainstream activities that teenagers so,partying,going out late and what not.The thing is that i am pretty rebellious and do shit that they do not approve of anyways,however what they do not know will not hurt them.I was also taught the basic principles of Islam at a young age and my parents invested alot of time and money in my Islamic upbringing.

No Birthdays, Halloweens, or other pagan traditions.
:idontlike: You can keep your disgusting celebrations to yourselves.

Nacalaa wixi idin dhalay ku yaal. :susp:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Muslim Alhamdulillah anyone who's westernised gaal gets kharbashed and kicked out the family motherfuck them.

Other than watching hockey or basketball or soccer or speaking to non Muslims in typical real life situations, they are very anti West.

I asked for a birthday party when I was younger and two wadaads came to the house to lecture me about how bad it is to embrace gaalo culture.

I was also closely watched to see if I was observing the Sunnah to the T. Everyday was a lecture on ways to be a good Muslim. There was alot of Sufi and Yahuudi bashing as well.

I have very loving parents who gave me anything I wanted but life was very strict. My house was no different than Saudi Arabia.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Don't you smoke weed, drink and pull girls. caadi iska dhig sxb smh.
No I don't, I can assure you it's a case of mistaken identity my name isn't Micheal or Thomas I'm far removed from those things you associate me with.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Other than watching hockey or basketball or soccer or speaking to non Muslims in typical real life situations, they are very anti West.

I asked for a birthday party when I was younger and two wadaads came to the house to lecture me about how bad it is to embrace gaalo culture.

I was also closely watched to see if I was observing the Sunnah to the T. Everyday was a lecture on ways to be a good Muslim. There was alot of Sufi and Yahuudi bashing as well.

I have very loving parents who gave me anything I wanted but life was very strict. My house was no different than Saudi Arabia.
May Allah bless your parents masha Allah they sound like excellent Muslim parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending