how would you cope with it if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
tomorrow an accident happened to you where you either went blind, paralyzed, armless or without legs.

is one worse than the other ?

Do you know that if you become paralyzed tomorrow that none of your so called best friends ( ride or die whatever you guys called them ) will stick around longer than 2 months and will not remember you in 5 years time. Gone like the wind. Good news is that your family will be there for you.

knowing my self and if I'm 100% honest id contemplate suicide. but after a while id be okay if i can still move on with my career. and I'm also very sure none of my friends would stick around. if I'm being honest i wouldn't stick around either so you tend to attract like minded xoolo. ugh fml now I'm depressed.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
knowing my self and if I'm 100% honest id contemplate suicide. but after a while id be okay if i can still move on with my career. and I'm also very sure none of my friends would stick around. if I'm being honest i wouldn't stick around either so you tend to attract like minded xoolo. ugh fml now I'm depressed.

I like your sheer honesty. Why don't you allow me to impregnate you?

VixR

Veritas
I've had time to think about this scenario.

I think death is better for a loved one than a life like that, esp if they were active personalities. Personally, I would prefer death to any of those outcomes. I even tried to rank them and couldn't. I can respect ppl who would make something out of it, but it's a miserable life imo.

I can think of a couple friends that would stick around, but you never know.

I think death is better for a loved one than a life like that, esp if they were active personalities. Personally, I would prefer death to any of those outcomes. I even tried to rank them and couldn't. I can respect ppl who would make something out of it, but it's a miserable life imo.

honestly because were both atheists and death is like an eternal sleep to us were not afraid of that. but many people become very religious when they go through near death experiences and get very scared at the thought of death and possibly going to hell. so to them being deaf, blind paralyzed from head to toe is a better outcome then death.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

You barely know human nature. Only family endures.

Btw I forgive you and I still admire you ( forgive you for treating me like a pariah)

VixR

Veritas
honestly because were both atheists and death is like an eternal sleep to us were not afraid of that. but many people become very religious when they go through near death experiences and get very scared at the thought of death and possibly going to hell. so to them being deaf, blind paralyzed from head to toe is a better outcome then death.
I don't think we're not afraid of death. I dunno. I still don't want to die, but maybe death being the final destination is what makes the prospect of an able-less life after full ability just utterly depressing and not worth it, esp if you're young and full of possibilities, making death the more appealing option (imo). Meanwhile, a theist would probably see it as divine test or punishment that must be endured, and where they will come out on the other end as a spiritual phoenix or some shit.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
tomorrow an accident happened to you where you either went blind, paralyzed, armless or without legs.

is one worse than the other ?

Do you know that if you become paralyzed tomorrow that none of your so called best friends ( ride or die whatever you guys called them ) will stick around longer than 2 months and will not remember you in 5 years time. Gone like the wind. Good news is that your family will be there for you.
My ranking is your list starting with blind being the worst.

Having no legs is not that bad as you can have a wheelchair. As long as you can make babies then I can still enjoy life quite reasonably.

I don't think we're not afraid of death. I dunno. I still don't want to die, but maybe death being the final destination is what makes the prospect of an able-less life after full ability just utterly depressing and not worth it, esp if you're young and full of possibilities, making death the more appealing option (imo). Meanwhile, a theist would probably see it as divine test or punishment that must be endured, and where they will come out on the other end as a spiritual phoenix or some shit.
no i meant like, if an atheist had to chose a life of suffering or a death it would be an easy choice. but yea i agree

VixR

Veritas
no i meant like, if an atheist had to chose a life of suffering or a death it would be an easy choice. but yea i agree
That's probable. On the other end, the faith helps some ppl endure through hardship. But, me, I don't know, it's like you've been robbed already. I know exactly what you mean. I would make the worst cripple.
You barely know human nature. Only family endures.

Btw I forgive you and I still admire you ( forgive you for treating me like a pariah)
Family goes without saying. Were born with families, but we make our own too.

Is no one you know you've been through thick and thin with? Life is challenging and friends come and go, but some of them are worth keeping close.

Last edited:
My siblings are my best friends (and there's many). I'm not worried about losing friends. If a disaster were to occur I know my family will look after me.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Losing your legs is definitely the best scenario, because with modern technology those are the most easily replaced. The no replacing your arms or eyes, but we had guy run in the olympics with no legs. :icon lol:

Losing your legs sucks a lot, but losing there other ones sucks waaay more. Being paralyzed from the waist down and stuck in a wheel chair is even worse than that. Being paralyzed from the neck down is just straight inkaar. At that point, you're basically a vegetable and a total burden. I'd probably as the doctor to just put me out of my misery if it came to that.

I use to imagine these type of scenarios lol but my choices would be something like: deaf, blind or mute. I'd pick muteness any day tbh conversations are over rated :zhqjlmx: I'd never give up my ability to see, the world is beautiful and listening to music gives me joy.

If I had to pick one of OPs option I'd go with losing my legs cuz then I'd get one of these

heres-how-the-prosthetic-blades-of-paralympic-athletes-work.jpg

If I was paralyzed I'd straight up end it

I would habaar you nacas. I got it because you brought up this topic and cursed. You don't ask these questions, you should know this an old duq.

Laa xawla.

Status
Not open for further replies.