I am sick and tired of the Suju hate on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting how it was a small term back then.

right now sijuis are those that were raised here by Suju parents who barely speak Somali.

Original sujus = from the British SL era. atleast 6th generation Kenyans now.

Current Sujus = from Ogaden war era. currently atleast 3rd generation Kenyans and make up the majority of visible Sujus right now.

Future Sujus = being raised in Eastleigh and Mombasa as we speak. their population is the biggest by far and they will some serious impact on Kenya if Somalia continues being shit for a few more generations.

The good thing about Sujus is that each of their generations get more prosperous and successful and it's rare to see a waste Suju.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Our hard working parents/grandparents lifted our status in this country when they came here from Somalia before or during the early 90s and they did what they did so we could not depend on these bantus or be associated with them!!

I was with you until that part. To be siju you have to hold Kenyan citizenship. Anyone who came during the 90s does not qualify and you should know that these new arrivals are the reason why other Somalis look down on Somali Kenyans.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Sijui literally means I don't know, you guys don't know your culture. So we don't know you guys either.

I was with you until that part. To be siju you have to hold Kenyan citizenship. Anyone who came during the 90s does not qualify and you should know that these new arrivals are the reason why other Somalis look down on Somali Kenyans.

92/93 arrivals don't qualify? They got citizenship and their children are in their 20s but full out suju that don't know alot of Somali. I always thought they were one of us.

what about the 80s arrivals from 77 war era? most of us are 3rd generation.

and we don't care about the new arrivals looking down on us :rollseyes:
most I've met were cool anyways. they practice Swahili on us and we practice Somali on them :lol:

we sure as hell like them more than Madowta or any Kenyan for that matter. only exception is the Swahili Muslims and Ajuran boran

Duchess

VIP
92/93 arrivals don't qualify? They got citizenship and their children are in their 20s but full out suju that don't know alot of Somali. I always thought they were one of us.

what about the 80s arrivals from 77 war era? most of us are 3rd generation.

and we don't care about the new arrivals looking down on us :rollseyes:
most I've met were cool anyways. they practice Swahili on us and we practice Somali on them :lol:

we sure as hell like them more than Madowta or any Kenyan for that matter. only exception is the Swahili Muslims and Ajuran boran

Are you sure about that? Being born in Kenya does not guarantee you citizenship unless one of your parents is also Kenyan. I was under the impression that the Somalis targeted in Kenya for harassment are those without rights to citizenship. Most post-civil war arrivals happen to fall into this category.

Are you sure about that? Being born in Kenya does not guarantee you citizenship unless one of your parents is also Kenyan. I was under the impression that the Somalis targeted in Kenya for harassment are those without rights to citizenship. Most post-civil war arrivals happen to fall into this category.

yeah your parents must be Kenyan to qualify but back then it was easy to get citizenship and bribe your way into citizenship. So the first wave of immigrants all got citizenships.

You can still bribe but it's more expensive now.

Duchess

VIP
yeah your parents must be Kenyan to qualify but back then it was easy to get citizenship and bribe your way into citizenship. So the first wave of immigrants all got citizenships.

You can still bribe but it's more expensive now.

Interesting.

If you find anyone insulting sijus @ me and we will murk them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.