I have a huge bias against Somalis

TekNiKo

Loyal To The One True King of The Seven Realms
VIP
A shackled mind is worst than a thousand chains.

Adult Swim GIF by The Boondocks

I'm not a self hater for stating facts. Get a grip. I was likely delivered by a Yahuudi doctor as I was born in a Yahuudi hospital. I consider it a great honour for the first human to have ever touched me to be a Yahuudi and for Yahuudi for keeping me healthy by providing me first class medical care today.

:rejoice:

Imagine if it were some immigrant doctor that ends up reading my test results incorrectly, gives me antibiotics instead of something else, or who has poor bedside manner.

:francis:
theirs actually a study that black babies are like 1.5x more likely to die under cadaan care they don't put the same attention

It is completely the opposite with our parents generation they would rather seek out a Somali doctor and trust them before any other group.

In Somalia although the healthcare system is kinda unregulated and insufficiently supplied , both UN and Lancet described Somali doctors as very good. The lancet has very high standards for medicine, so it's not something they will say lightly.

So it's probably a bias that's related to cultural familiarity, you are more familiar with others nationalities/ethnicities in such positions.

Loool what somali doctors back home? A good one is very rare. Can't speak for other regions tbh, but in Xamar everyone goes to Syrian/Egyptian doctors.

Btw in relation to the thread, if I see a good qualified Somali person I will always choose them over an ajanabi. Shouldn't it make you proud and feel an affinity for your fellow countryman?