I have finally ACCEPTED that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NaomiHoney

... I have Dyslexia and I no longer give two shits!

This has caused so much anguish in my life, constantly questioning my intellect.

I always misspell my words, I have THEE most shittest handwriting!

I stutter slightly when i read out loud. I can read, but have slight impairment of sequencing words. I see words jumbled up sometimes and i miss out words when reading,

But you know what!

I DO NOT CARE!!

This feels like a burden I've been carrying for a decade and a half has finally left me

I LOVE ME!

I better feel like this tomorrow.

I remind myself everyday im studying Neuroscience and have plans to come a clinical neuropsychologist. I am not stupid! This is not luck!

N

NaomiHoney

Quit lying to yourself. If you did love yourself, you wouldn't have taken the time to create a thread, telling bunch of strangers that "you love yourself".

Its sad cunts like him that will spew negativity to the world.

VixR

Veritas
Quit lying to yourself. If you did love yourself, you wouldn't have taken the time to create a thread, telling bunch of strangers that "you love yourself".
It's like sometimes you're empathetic and kind, and other times you're unnecessarily acerbic :wtf:

You ok there?

N

NaomiHoney

Its great feeling to accept yourself.

It is!
I look back and wonder about all the people who have self-sabotaged themselves because they feel as if they have some sort of cognitive deficit. Never realising and exploring their real potential.

It's unfortunate that this isn't looked into a lot in regards to the Somali community. Parents will just assume the worse and listen to whomever and believe that their child has ADD/ADHD. When in actuality they have issues with synthesising words/letters and sequences.

There tends to be a correlation between dyslexia and eclectic and eccentric personalities They have traits that are more intuned with their creativity as if it's an enhanced compensation for this "disorder."

N

NaomiHoney

Moral of the story is. Be happy, we could all have it worse but we don't!

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
I'm sure there are somethings you can do to help you overcome it. You should get it checked out.

But congratulations on not letting it stop you.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Have you been diagnosed with dyslexia? I don't know,having a messy handwriting or misspelling words doesn't make you a dyslexic just because it's one of the symptoms.

My cousin is dyslexic and she holds a PhD. You are one of the few smart folks on this site don't ever think you are a less-intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.