I have finally ACCEPTED that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
... I have Dyslexia and I no longer give two shits!

This has caused so much anguish in my life, constantly questioning my intellect.

I always misspell my words, I have THEE most shittest handwriting!

I stutter slightly when i read out loud. I can read, but have slight impairment of sequencing words. I see words jumbled up sometimes and i miss out words when reading,

But you know what!

I DO NOT CARE!!

This feels like a burden I've been carrying for a decade and a half has finally left me

I LOVE ME!

I better feel like this tomorrow.

I remind myself everyday im studying Neuroscience and have plans to come a clinical neuropsychologist. I am not stupid! This is not luck!

Thanks for sharing. Inshallah you will succeed in all your ventures. Having dyslexia does not mean you're less intelligent, in fact, you're probably smarter and work harder than most.

Apollo

VIP
English and French are the two worst European languages for dyslexic people. The spelling logic of those languages are so bad.

N

NaomiHoney

Have you been diagnosed with dyslexia? I don't know, having a messy handwriting or misspelling words doesn't make you a dyslexic just because it's one of the symptoms.

My cousin is dyslexic, nd she holds a PhD. You are one of the few smart folks on this site don't ever think you are a less-intelligent.

Yea i was by an educational psychologist when i was 13. I screened for it then assessed.
My English teacher at the time realised what i had when i explained the difficult i have read out loud. She knew because i was able to recognise and write words that used for GCSE English curricula like soliloquy and hyperbole.... it was just misspelt. So we had a meeting with mum and decided it was best to see. Mum just thought i was lazy and being detached.

If i remember rightly, I had an IQ test and word recall test.

and yea it common thing for messy handwriting and spelling mistakes.

Bohol

VIP
only after i post it.

Bad habit i have on here i don't no why.

Then i go back and edit everything lol

Lately I have been making misspelling mistakes in facebook as well, I might need to get myself tested as I am getting older. :mjlaugh:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Just know @Laila that you are lovely person and from what I've witnessed ( on the days you've given me glimpse of your family on SC) that your family loves you.

Bring your head up and know not to give 2 dam cents about a mere human being's view about you as long as you're doing the right thing. Always remember that humans shit and their shit smells.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Yea i was by an educational psychologist when i was 13. I screened for it then assessed.
My English teacher at the time realised what i had when i explained the difficult i have read out loud. She knew because i was able to recognise and write words that used for GCSE English curricula like soliloquy and hyperbole.... it was just misspelt. So we had a meeting with mum and decided it was best to see. Mum just thought i was lazy and being detached.

If i remember rightly, I had an IQ test and word recall test.

and yea it common thing for messy handwriting and spelling mistakes.

Your learning difficulties didn't stop you reaching your goals and it shouldn't stop you becoming the next freudian ;).

N

NaomiHoney

Just know @Laila that you are lovely person and from what I've witnessed ( on the days you've given me glimpse of your family on SC) that your family loves you.

Bring your head up and know not to give 2 dam cents about a mere human being's view about you as long as you're doing the right thing. Always remember that humans shit and their shit smells.

Thank you!! So true!!
The good ol' sc days ey!

N

NaomiHoney

Your learning difficulties didn't stop you reaching your goals and it shouldn't stop you becoming the next freudian ;).

Freudian... Well i do agree with his theories to a certain extent, not the psychosexual malarkey
but Thanks for your kind words sis x

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Freudian... Well i do agree with his theories to a certain extent, not the psychosexual malarkey
but Thanks for your kind words sis x

I read on another thread that you look up to him as a psychologists

Lmao I don't agree with his approaches and I despised him when I was a student and find him the most disturbing theorist.

Last edited:
Aww sis :friendhug:

I can't imagine how difficult academia must be with dyslexia, your a soldier! ngl 99% of my posts on here are probably misspelt. My spelling goes to trash whenever I'm on my phone lmao

... I have Dyslexia and I no longer give two shits!

This has caused so much anguish in my life, constantly questioning my intellect.

I always misspell my words, I have THEE most shittest handwriting!

I stutter slightly when i read out loud. I can read, but have slight impairment of sequencing words. I see words jumbled up sometimes and i miss out words when reading,

But you know what!

I DO NOT CARE!!

This feels like a burden I've been carrying for a decade and a half has finally left me

I LOVE ME!

I better feel like this tomorrow.

I remind myself everyday im studying Neuroscience and have plans to come a clinical neuropsychologist. I am not stupid! This is not luck!
Babe I have the same thing, don't worry we're not dumb in fact we are smarter than most people. We are genius's darling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.