I have seen many times people claiming Harar to be the fourth holiest city in Islam. Why is this the case?

@Laser made an extended researched post on this. Both Oromo and Hararis knew and understood that they were Gurage , up until recently when they constructed this fake Harari ethnicity. They kept concious trail and connection with it.

Another source from 1841 by a visitor describing the 12-14.000 inhabitants as Somalis
screenshot_20231124-155301_gallery-jpg.304841

Another source that speaks more on this:

1706367881259-png.313037

Then after this, Menelik came to slaugthered unarmed Somali inhabitants.
screenshot_20231119-165525_chrome-jpg.304842

We were massacred a second time in 1913 in Harar:

@Midas @Shimbiris @NidarNidar
Things tipped in a different direction first with the Gurage-Oromo Adopted Emir, that took control of the city & overran us, then 2nd with Menelik came to wipe us out and then last the Iyasu failed revolt. Somalis were legit ethnically cleansed from our central city like damnnnn:francis: and not only was our scholars, generational inhabitants brutally murdered, but our libraries burnt to ashes, our mosques turned to Churches, it's only through the efforts by Enrico Cerruli historical rescue operations that we have the few medieval chronicles that was kept by Somalis families in Harar.

Ethiopians also looted a lot of our treasures , from our ancestors and actively display it in their museum like the armour of Sultan Badlay and the fines robes of Imam Ahmed that @Emir of Zayla showed . We practically went through a cultural genocide and replacement, it's insane to think about.

It was all aided by the British and the Italians. The Italians pressured Menelik to invade Harar as a revenge for most of their Italian top politicans being murderd by Somalis and the british provided cover and millitary support for him, while trying to actively disarm Somalis and forced Egyptians we called in for protection to pull out, which left us defenseless.
Honestly if there is one thing that seems to define the history of somalis in the last 2 centuries it's erasure. You have people who legitimately don't know how large of a somali presences there was in ethiopia,the swahili coast and yemen. Or if they do it's reduced to them just being irrelevant. I was in momba a week ago. When I went to fort Jesus the tour guide was talking about how the omanis renovated the place and put up pictures and signs talking about omani influence but nothing on their involvement in the slave trade. He also casually mentioned how the omanis ruled mogadishu when my family brought up said bargash and how somalis were also slaves.

Honestly if there is one thing that seems to define the history of somalis in the last 2 centuries it's erasure. You have people who legitimately don't know how large of a somali presences there was in ethiopia,the swahili coast and yemen. Or if they do it's reduced to them just being irrelevant. I was in momba a week ago. When I went to fort Jesus the tour guide was talking about how the omanis renovated the place and put up pictures and signs talking about omani influence but nothing on their involvement in the slave trade. He also casually mentioned how the omanis ruled mogadishu when my family brought up said bargash and how somalis were also slaves.

The problem is today we have modern Fadhi Ku Dirir merchants who actively try to promote their clan fake enclaves and regions wether they are reer barawa, reer benadir, reer waaqoyi(so called landers), reer bari(puntland), reer konfuur, reer bay, reer gedo etc to dunk on other Somalis. Like you said in the other thread.

They are not in the real interest of writing real Somali history in service of Somalis as a whole or study their past to expand and learn more about their current situation and self. But will align themselves with false orientalist garbage aimed to rationalise european occupation, even ethiopian fake history(which we all come to learn recently is fiction) aimed at expanding this fantasy empire that never existed or even fabricate stuff to advance their specific regional/clan interests like that Mukhar guy i shared to you. Rather than connecting us , they work to disconnect us.

They will go so far as to ally themselves with British and Ethiopian communities and people who's public policies was always motivated towards our destruction because were are seen as vanguards of Islam in the region and we occupied the most advantagous geography.

Somalis also handicapped by grudges linked to the civil war, they let spill over into this. Like everything we are , or have been in the past is predicated on that tragedy. They don't see it for the reality that it is, a proxy war aimed at dividing us and we are victims of it.

I don't think there has been a full erasure because a lot of the history and information is there, it's up to Somalis to collect ,share and educate their own. Also bring those corrections in a fair balanced fact based manner. We can't do anything about what is destroyed or lost though, so that is a shame.

That last thing you mentioned about slavery is just standard Africans projecting their reality onto Somalis because they hate Islam and Arabs. They sold their own people into slavery, we didn't. Their biggest industry was them slave raiding eachother, it's an uncomfortable reality for them to deal with, so they externalize all of the blame to Arabs and it's also a narrative they inherited by Europeans who want to demonize Islam.
Whether you share the real history to them or not is not going to matter , they gonna deny it anyways.

Taking a Somali or selling them as a slave was pretty much illegal/forbidden and punishable in Omani/Zanzibari law. As we belonged to an unenslaveable race
img_3498-jpg.11810

Last edited:
The problem is today we have modern Fadhi Ku Dirir merchants who actively try to promote their clan fake enclaves and regions wether they are reer barawa, reer benadir, reer waaqoyi(so called landers), reer bari(puntland), reer konfuur, reer bay, reer gedo etc to dunk on other Somalis. Like you said in the other thread.

They are not in the real interest of writing real Somali history in service of Somalis as a whole or study their past to expand and learn more about their current situation and self. But will align themselves with false orientalist garbage aimed to rationalise european occupation, even ethiopian fake history(which we all come to learn recently is fiction) aimed at expanding this fantasy empire that never existed or even fabricate stuff to advance their specific regional/clan interests like that Mukhar guy i shared to you. Rather than connecting us , they work to disconnect us.

They will go so far as to ally themselves with British and Ethiopian communities and people who's public policies was always motivated towards our destruction because were are seen as vanguards of Islam in the region and we occupied the most advantagous geography.

Somalis also handicapped by grudges linked to the civil war, they let spill over into this. Like everything we are , or have been in the past is predicated on that tragedy. They don't see it for the reality that it is, a proxy war aimed at dividing us and we are victims of it.

I don't think there has been a full erasure because a lot of the history and information is there, it's up to Somalis to collect ,share and educate their own. Also bring those corrections in a fair balanced fact based manner. We can't do anything about what is destroyed or lost though, so that is a shame.

That last thing you mentioned about slavery is just standard Africans projecting their reality onto Somalis because they hate Islam and Arabs. They sold their own people into slavery, we didn't. Their biggest industry was them slave raiding eachother, it's an uncomfortable reality for them to deal with, so they externalize all of the blame to Arabs and it's also a narrative they inherited by Europeans who want to demonize Islam.
Whether you share the real history to them or not is not going to matter , they gonna deny it anyways.

Taking a Somali or selling them as a slave was pretty much illegal/forbidden and punishable in Omani/Zanzibari law. As we belonged to an unenslaveable race
img_3498-jpg.11810
I dont really buy into all the iq stuff that much. But sometime when I see how these people will basically embaress themselves and create pseudohistory like how other somalis where enslaved but they weren't just for FKD not realizing how mentally ill they look doing that makes me question their intelligence.

Another thing weird thing about somalis smd history is that you have people who have a more accurate version or understanding of stuff like how harar used to be somali. But you don't really see them talking about it or correcting people like they're indifferent to whatever people are saying about it.

Finally i am also starting to wonder if the earlier Amirs of Harar were just Somalis before the Gurage oromo Emir took over the title of Emir. @Emir of Harar @Midas @Shimbiris. @Emir of Zayla

Here it is mentioned by a visitor in 1840.

lVN0haI.png
O7x4bDB.png

1706367881259-png.313037

Before this happened many of the Somali Harar Amirs had actively fought, pushed back against oromo's and subdued them for 2 centuries. These are information from recovered documents

Amiir Ahmed bin Abu Bakr (1756-1783)
For nearly 30 years, he led a Jihad against the Oromos his conquests are commemorated in inscriptions partially destroyed by the Shewan.

His his successor Abd al Shakur (1783-1794) would later dispatch Somali Shaykhs to build mosques in the conquered Oromo invaded territories like inBale where Oromos still visit to this day. He is remembered for a period of peace and prosperity where he was able to carry out many administrative reforms thanks to Ahmed bin Abu bakr's conquests,
OGfDDCT.png

t5gvibg.jpeg

Amiir Ahmed bin Muhammad (1794-1820)

He followed on Ahmed bin Abu bakr's footsteps and resumed the punitive expeditions on the Oromo tribes for a little more than two decades
zwtJhya.png

DjglZUb.png

The Jihad stopped and it fell into the hands of the traitor Emir Ahmed bin Abu bakr II (1852-1856) who usurped power through marriage alliance and adoption with the Gurage-Oromo who he allowed them to penetrate and flood the city and the surounding province, he also jailed his uncle Abdurrahman during a civil uprising against him. This is around the time of Richard Burton's visit by the way and this set the stage for the weakening of the Emirate,
Just like that other source above i qouted said ''Today it's lost its ancient splendour'' ''The race of gran(Ahmed Gurey) is destroyed (meaning the Somalis)''

1Llxmhb.png

Last edited:
@Laser made an extended researched post on this. Both Oromo and Hararis knew and understood that they were Gurage , up until recently when they constructed this fake Harari ethnicity. They kept concious trail and connection with it.

Another source from 1841 by a visitor describing the 12-14.000 inhabitants as Somalis
screenshot_20231124-155301_gallery-jpg.304841

1706367881259-png.313037

Then after this, Menelik came to slaugthered unarmed Somali inhabitants.
screenshot_20231119-165525_chrome-jpg.304842

We were massacred a second time in 1913 in Harar:

@Midas @Shimbiris @NidarNidar
Things tipped in a different direction first with the Gurage-Oromo Adopted Emir, that took control of the city & overran us, then 2nd with Menelik came to wipe us out and then last the Iyasu failed revolt. Somalis were legit ethnically cleansed from our central city like damnnnn:francis: and not only was our scholars, generational inhabitants brutally murdered, but our libraries burnt to ashes, our mosques turned to Churches, it's only through the efforts by Enrico Cerruli historical rescue operations that we have the few medieval chronicles that was kept by Somalis families in Harar.

Ethiopians also looted a lot of our treasures , from our ancestors and actively display it in their museum like the armour of Sultan Badlay and the fines robes of Imam Ahmed that @Emir of Zayla showed . We practically went through a cultural genocide and replacement, it's insane to think about.

It was all aided by the British and the Italians. The Italians pressured Menelik to invade Harar as a revenge for most of their Italian top politicans being murderd by Somalis and the british provided cover and millitary support for him, while trying to actively disarm Somalis and forced Egyptians we called in for protection to pull out, which left us defenseless.
It wasn't just Somalis who suffered from his conquests, Oromos, Omotics, Nilotics, and more were all victims to his expansions which he framed as a colonization effort. It is estimated that up to 5 million people were killed after his conquests, crazy stuff.

It wasn't just Somalis who suffered from his conquests, Oromos, Omotics, Nilotics, and more were all victims to his expansions which he framed as a colonization effort. It is estimated that up to 5 million people were killed after his conquests, crazy stuff.

He didn't really expand passed Harar and was protected by the British inside the city and later Italians.

Every conquest Menelik/Ethiopians tried to undertake everywhere else in Ogaden resulted in his defeat and humiliation at the hands of Somalis. Every single one.
NmAg7dc.png

uhTiA8y.png

They couldn't even leave the city walls of Harar in fear of Somalis
cu0nbhx.png

I dont really buy into all the iq stuff that much. But sometime when I see how these people will basically embaress themselves and create pseudohistory like how other somalis where enslaved but they weren't just for FKD not realizing how mentally ill they look doing that makes me question their intelligence.

Another thing weird thing about somalis smd history is that you have people who have a more accurate version or understanding of stuff like how harar used to be somali. But you don't really see them talking about it or correcting people like they're indifferent to whatever people are saying about it.
The funny thing about calling us Low IQ is that throughout the history of us that i read about us they always seem to characterize us as very intelligent people but say the exact opposite about other Africans in comparison, throughout the early modern period even in the 1800-1900s.

Somalis intelligence in relation to Oromos
wlPgLyH.png

Somalis intelligence in relation to compared to Afar tribes
media%2FF_nh4gCXYAAtj8b.jpg

Lf3xrdX.jpeg

Somalis compared to other Kenyan Africans in NFD
cRs4hIe.png

Even in the middle ages Muslim authors say this about us , while comparing us to Muslim Africans in Mali and other Africans.

'''The Land of Zayla...its a very hot country the colour of its people is closer to brown.. their hair is not as peppery as the people of Mali, and their intelligence is sharper than others and their nature is more intelligent''
yVyn9ia.png

So the perception was always that we were very intelligent people and enterprising people and we were the most literate as well in the region. The average nomad(Bedouin) away from the cities and towns could even read and write.
SFd2jXO.png

The Low IQ perception was only born out of the civil war, when we supported and housed traitors that made war against other Somalis and invited in outsiders. And our collapse was used to connect us to the wider African disparity, which were historical not apart of.

Somalis don't understand those people are planted subversions by external kuffar enemies, who are in it for themselves. Just like that Harar traitor Emir Abu Bakr , who was a plant by Gurage Oromo inserted to divide Somalis in Harar, made war against Somalis and his family even. He betrayed the cause. As a result we fell from prosperity to weakening in short time.

I think Somalis were still conscious about Harar being a central Somali city until very recent, because both the SYL and Kacaan government were poised to retake it and make it our capital in the newly formed Islamic Somali republic. Bari/Hobyo Sultans were ready to send 50.000 troops and sent them arms/rifles to defend it.

Somalis today are different they only care about local unuka leh of their tuulo and fake clan regions they attach ''land'' next to. When we say ''Ragu waa ragi hore'' it's no lie.

Last edited: