I learn this tidbit from the Bible.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Did you KNOW Yaquub also known as Jacob in the bible married two sisters? We all know Yaccub from the Quran- he is a prophet, wise prophet pbuh actually. He is also a father of the 12 sons 0f Israel. And also the father of two more sons from another mother- Yusuf and Ben.

According to the bible Yaccub tricked his older brother by getting a blessing/dua from his blind father. While the brother was away fetching an animal to kill and cook for his dad- Yaccub and his mother had ticks up their sleeves. lol (allegedly- according to the bible)

What we know for sure is -according to Quran : Prophet Yusuf pbuh was the son of Prophet Yaccub pbuh. And Yusuf had his 12 brothers who sell him to slavery out of jealously because their dad loved Yusuf pbuh more.

Well- it seems like the bible has a back story.

When Prophet Yacuub/Jacob ran he found a man with two daughters. The youngest was called Rachel, extremely beautiful. So Jacob said- let me marry Rachel and i will work for u for 7 years. The father agreed- and 7 years later he was wed to Racel. Except - The father of the bride tricked Yaccub. He wed his older daughter Leah instead of Rachel. (Jewish ritual of sleeping in the dark lol) In the morning after consummation- Jacob was furious about this trick. So the dad makes another deal with Yaccub. Work for another 7 years and u may marry Rachel. This time the father honored his promise and let Rachel marry Jacob.

Leah had an unhappy marriage with Jacob because he loved her sister- although she gave him 12 boys

Rachel for many years could not have children until later she had Yusuf and Ben.

But the love Yaccuub pbuh had for Yusuf pbuh is understandable now. Remember in the Quran, Yaccuub became blind from grieving for Yusuf pbuh, and the brother hated on Yusuf because they saw the love between their dad and their youngest brother. Because he looked like his mother more than maybe Ben. The woman he fell in love with from the get-go!

Isn't this touching???

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I guess the bible makes u nervous huh? looooooooooooooool

We can read the bible without believing in it huuno!

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
I guess the bible makes u nervous huh? looooooooooooooool

We can read the bible without believing in it huuno!
If you don’t believe something is real isn’t that fan fiction? Luke , Matthew and them man were fans of the bible but made it with their own twist to it hence creating their own fanfic with elements of the cannon

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If you don’t believe something is real isn’t that fan fiction? Luke , Matthew and them man were fans of the bible but made it with their own twist to it hence creating their own fanfic with elements of the cannon

Wednesday Hump Day GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Despite the Old Testament including more ‘backstory’ about the prophets (they also name more prophets) I struggle to accept any part of it as true , unless it’s also confirmed in Quran.saying that, prophet Yaqub having the name Israiil, isn’t outrightly told in the Quran although his children and descendants are (Bani Israiil). Some of the backstories in the Old Testament are blasphemous they way they talk about some prophets like Sulayman and Yaqub himself getting the name Israel because he “ fought God “ etc. a lot of Chinese whispers where truth has been bent. Ibn kathir’s tafsir that includes some backstory about the prophets is the only scripture I personally trust.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Despite the Old Testament including more ‘backstory’ about the prophets (they also name more prophets) I struggle to accept any part of it as true , unless it’s also confirmed in Quran.saying that, prophet Yaqub having the name Israiil, isn’t outrightly told in the Quran although his children and descendants are (Bani Israiil). Some of the backstories in the Old Testament are blasphemous they way they talk about some prophets like Sulayman and Yaqub himself getting the name Israel because he “ fought God “ etc. a lot of Chinese whispers where truth has been bent. Ibn kathir’s tafsir that includes some backstory about the prophets is the only scripture I personally trust.

absolutely, i have it from Mufti Menk Ismael himself saying we can read the old testament and New Testament but not believing in it unless Quran confirms it. That is why i was putting together clue and using Quran as my final and correct conclusion.

absolutely, i have it from Mufti Menk Ismael himself saying we can read the old testament and New Testament but not believing in it unless Quran confirms it. That is why i was putting together clue and using Quran as my final and correct conclusion.
Yeah some of the backstories are interesting like there are more Hebrew prophets mentioned in Old Testament and naturally Allah didn’t feel the need to include every single prophet in the Qur’an as that was a previous nation.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Yeah some of the backstories are interesting like there are more Hebrew prophets mentioned in Old Testament and naturally Allah didn’t feel the need to include every single prophet in the Qur’an as that was a previous nation.

If prophets are not mentioned in Quran and are mentioned in the Bible- i tend to follow my knowledge of what a real prophet does. The Israelis had a prophet in every generation and still they came out bad. lol

The Quran is literally a copy paste of the Old Testament then nearly all prophets were Jews. Islam is basically largely Judaism. Most Arabs were Jews before. Bani Israil are brothers to Arabs. Why can't we all live in peace with Christians and Jews? What if...?