If I’m being honest I don’t think I’ll ever visit “the motherland” ever again in my life

(No one asked but here it is)
I care about my comfort and quality of life, so why leave a cushy country where I can educate myself, make a nice job and secure a future for myself for a corrupt, unstable, and even dangerous one? Sure, I might be at home but I’ll have bad wifi and there Will be other problems as well but those I won’t dive into rn

I’ve never been the most nationalistic person because most of the things I can be proud of are from the past, the present is good compared to a few years back but still not great. I love the people but not the country as much. Though someways they may think are a bit outdated

ive seen some people thinking about their descendants and whatever but I don’t give a shit about them, my priority is me and I don’t care for people who are related to me long after I’m dead, it sounds a bit selfish but it’s how I feel

Honestly, if the situation of the country gets better and good enough to actually wanna live there, I’d be in my 70s by then. If not perished from old age already

By now you’ve either read this or just read the first couple of lines which made your brain “go 😡 I don’t agree with this opinion because it doesn’t fit my echo chamber”, give it a “💀😂

Sa_Male

runta ayaan kugu qarxin
(No one asked but here it is)
I care about my comfort and quality of life, so why leave a cushy country where I can educate myself, make a nice job and secure a future for myself for a corrupt, unstable, and even dangerous one? Sure, I might be at home but I’ll have bad wifi and there Will be other problems as well but those I won’t dive into rn

I’ve never been the most nationalistic person because most of the things I can be proud of are from the past, the present is good compared to a few years back but still not great. I love the people but not the country as much. Though someways they may think are a bit outdated

ive seen some people thinking about their descendants and whatever but I don’t give a shit about them, my priority is me and I don’t care for people who are related to me long after I’m dead, it sounds a bit selfish but it’s how I feel

Honestly, if the situation of the country gets better and good enough to actually wanna live there, I’d be in my 70s by then. If not perished from old age already

By now you’ve either read this or just read the first couple of lines which made your brain “go 😡 I don’t agree with this opinion because it doesn’t fit my echo chamber”, give it a “💀😂
I agree 💯 I'd help my people in what way I can, but if I feel that my family can be comfortable elsewhere, why would I take them to war torn somalia 🤷‍♂️

I agree 💯 I'd help my people in what way I can, but if I feel that my family can be comfortable elsewhere, why would I take them to war torn somalia 🤷‍♂️
Right! Like I’d donate to some charities or good causes for the country but live there in a country still recovering from a war? No no no no hell to the no

Sa_Male

runta ayaan kugu qarxin
Right! Like I’d donate to some charities or good causes for the country but live there in a country still recovering from a war? No no no no hell to the no
I mean we'd visit, but why live there unless I can guarantee a type of life that my means can accommodate 🤦‍♂️

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
I mean we'd visit, but why live there unless I can guarantee a type of life that my means can accommodate 🤦‍♂️
idk about you man but the only reason i moved back to england was for my education. Once my degree is done with I'll be gone back to Djibouti with a nice job with a nice house in a good district of the city inshallah.

This isn't my country staying here is unnatural

idk about you man but the only reason i moved back to england was for my education. Once my degree is done with I'll be gone back to Djibouti with a nice job with a nice house in a good district of the city inshallah.

yeah but how do you even relate to people their its too different

Sa_Male

runta ayaan kugu qarxin

🙏

For me and my aims, I have to go back to London for lacag purposes of course. When I get my own lacag I'd want to visit back home as much possible, but raising and keeping my own family there doesn't work out.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
🙏

For me and my aims, I have to go back to London for lacag purposes of course. When I get my own lacag I'd want to visit back home as much possible, but raising and keeping my own family there doesn't work out.
Idk what you guys were talking about but I realised that Somalia has no real Rule of Law so yeah it's very difficult.

For me in Djibouti we have the complete opposite issue. An overbearing government.

Trending