If you were in 1930's in East Africa, for whom you fought Italy or Abyssinia?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Don't ask me why I am thinking about this

1719101458868.png

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
no, i didn't mean that

u mean in the front like and fight beside Ethiopians? Hell Naaww Ethiopians are fuleeyins # 1. They are notorious for having a weak heart- theyd be hiding behind me fighting! Naah

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
I’ll choose neither.I’ll steal weapons and money from the Italians and I’ll start a rebel group and liberate Galbeed and all lands inhabited by Somalis :noneck:

You fools! Don't you realize what it means if the Chinese remain? Don't you remember your history? The last time the Chinese came, they stayed a thousand years. The French are foreigners. They are weak. Colonialism is dying. The white man is finished in Asia. But if the Chinese stay now, they will never go. As for me, I prefer to sniff French shit for five years than to eat Chinese shit for the rest of my life.

Switch out French for Italian and Ethiopian for Chinese and this Ho Chi Minh quote is right

Attachments

• 2B16EC90-9495-4D87-98EC-C90A1E3C85E2.jpeg
    2B16EC90-9495-4D87-98EC-C90A1E3C85E2.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 15

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
You fools! Don't you realize what it means if the Chinese remain? Don't you remember your history? The last time the Chinese came, they stayed a thousand years. The French are foreigners. They are weak. Colonialism is dying. The white man is finished in Asia. But if the Chinese stay now, they will never go. As for me, I prefer to sniff French shit for five years than to eat Chinese shit for the rest of my life.

Switch out French for Italian and Ethiopian for Chinese and this Ho Chi Minh quote is right
Ethiopia wasn't in Somali Lands for thousand years.

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
I was actually thinking about this literally the other day - there are two camps:

Olol Diinle (Fought with the Italians to oust the Ethiopians)

vs

Cumar Samatar (Fought with the Ethiopians to oust the Italians).

It all depends on strategic needs to be honest - I respect both, Cumar Samatar is one of the most underrated Somali heroic figures of 20th century, he was essentially Ra'iisul wasaaraha Suldaanka Hobyo. Both did it, not out of opportunism, but because where they were was occupied by that specific colonialist. My great-grandfather fought for the Italians against the Ethiopians in the Second Ethiopian-Italian war in late 1930's early 40's. He incidentally died in Qalaafe,w which was the historic town for the Ajuraan Sultanate, where Olol Diinle himself ruled. So my great-grandfather was more Olol Diinle. I'd rather an enemy that is clear and obvious rather than one that is sly and makes me off-guard. One of the main issues of Somalia is that unlike the SYL generation where they had a clear enemy and opposition whereby after they leave there is a new chapter, Somalia today doesn't have that given AMISOM have made this their home and the fact that this is African troops means its gives the pretence of not being colonial due to their melanin, even though AMISOM + Halane is quite literally apartheid colonialism