Interview with Ethiopian Muslim historian about Abyssinia and Muslim Habesha

He is making the same mistake that Arab historians do in regarding Horn of Africa, calling everyone there Habesha
It's alright. It's a common misconception, Arabic geographers generalized the name as they were re-applying the greek Aethopia to it. To them it was a regional name.

Here are researchers clarifying the name Xabash applied to the region and how Zayla was neither an Abyssinian or even a christian port. They are also calling out contemporary historians biased readings.

e4n2X1g.png

pAOZIjD.png

Conclusion:
I693DGQ.png

Whats ironic is that if you look at the Awdal chronicles, it's clear that they did not see themselves or called themselves Xabash, but called the opposing Christians that name even the Futuh chronicle, in a lot of instances that name Xabash came to be a by-word for a slave amongst them as well and you see it used that way in the arabic documents.

It's reminiscent to how the name slave cames from Slavic people in the english language.

Last edited:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
w
It's alright. It's a common misconception, Arabic geographers generalized the name as they were re-applying the greek Aethopia to it. To them it was a regional name.

Here are researchers clarifying the name Xabash applied to the region and how Zayla was neither an Abyssinian or even a christian port. They are also calling out contemporary historians biased readings.

e4n2X1g.png

pAOZIjD.png

Conclusion:
I693DGQ.png

Whats ironic is that if you look at the Awdal chronicles, it's clear that they did not see themselves or called themselves Xabash, but called the opposing Christians that name even the Futuh chronicle, in a lot of instances that name Xabash came to be a by-word for a slave amongst them as well and you see it used that way in the arabic documents.

It's reminiscent to how the name slave cames from Slavic people in the english language.
what site is that? hard to read

what site is that? hard to read

It's screens from a Spanish study i tried to use google image to text translate on a while back, i don't know why it comes out with different front sizes and colours it makes it hard to read

I don't remember the exact the name of it, just that they were cataloging sources on Zayla.

Trending