Inviting your ex to your wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
If you're both on a good term and have moved on, would you invite them and their significant other?

I'm asking this question for a friend.

:cosbyhmm:

tumblr_ncif9r0Zdz1sib9dqo1_500.gif

Unless you guys are close friends I don't see why you would want to invite him,

Gibiin-Udug

You think her man is cool with it ? If so hes so beta :ooh:

I wonder how she would feel if he invited his ex hmmmmmmmm:damedamn:
Her man is on his grown man status. Secondly I'm sure his ex knows how crazy the fiancée can get. She won't bother showing up. :birdman:

tumblr_ncif9r0Zdz1sib9dqo1_500.gif

Unless you guys are close friends I don't see why you would want to invite him,
Thanks, my friend and her ex are good friends. :bell:

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
I don't think that it would be an issue. People become close and grow apart that is the way life is. I believe two grown adults should be able to get along with each other after a breakup.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Literally why?

Perhaps if it was really long ago and you guys were good friends before the relationship, and I mean really really close

But then again isn't your wedding a profession to God that you are committing to one person? Why would want one of your sins literally attending? :lolbron:

Gibiin-Udug

I don't think that it would be an issue. People become close and grow apart that is the way life is. I believe two grown adults should be able to get along with each other after a breakup.
You're right, it takes adults to get along after a breakup. My friend appreciates your comment.

Literally why?

Perhaps if it was really long ago and you guys were good friends before the relationship, and I mean really really close

But then again isn't your wedding a profession to God that you are committing to one person? Why would want one of your sins literally attending? :lolbron:
What sins?

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
No. Out of respect for my wife, I wouldn't even consider it. Even if I moved on and the relationship was a long time ago. It's just not worth it.

Gibiin-Udug

The...sin of premarital relationships

:draketf:
What's wrong with premarital relationships? As long as there's no sex involved, it's perfectly normal. Shunkaasi is not dambi.

No. Out of respect for my wife, I wouldn't even consider it. Even if I moved on and the relationship was a long time ago. It's just not worth it.

You're on to something, she should ask her fiancé how he feels about this first right.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Yeah no. God was pretty clear on that front with minimal room for misinterpretation but maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

If a woman isn't married to you even being alone with her is supposed to be a sin.

There's essentially no such thing as "halal" dating without the rules being followed (chaperones the whole nine yards)

Like I'm pretty sure the quran and hadith were clear on this. Imma hunt the verses I might be all wrong on this tbh

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
There can be "dating" but this type of dating involves a someone coming along and watching making sure nothing freaking going on.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
What's wrong with premarital relationships? As long as there's no sex involved, it's perfectly normal. Shunkaasi is not dambi.

You're on to something, she should ask her fiancé how he feels about this first right.
Yeah, she should definitely ask before she does it, but for me personally, I wouldn't even bother. First of all because I'm pretty sure the answer would be no. Second of all, even if he agrees, something could still go wrong. You might be over him, but how sure are you that he is over you? Maybe it seems like he's moved on, but maybe he's just hiding it really well and him being at your wedding brings up his really feelings? Honestly it's just too much of a potential headache for very little gain. How good of a friend is this guy? Unless is still like one of your best friends, I wouldn't even bother.

Yeah no. God was pretty clear on that front with minimal room for misinterpretation but maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

If a woman isn't married to you even being alone with her is supposed to be a sin.

There's essentially no such thing as "halal" dating without the rules being followed (chaperones the whole nine yards)

Like I'm pretty sure the quran and hadith were clear on this. Imma hunt the verses I might be all wrong on this tbh

I think you can try before you buy but you just have to be halal about it. If the convo is halal then what's wrong? Obvs you won't be alone together when you're out on dates, you're in public mate, literally surrounded by a sea of people, I'm pretty the hadith or whatever said you can't be alone in the same room like that's completely different

How the hell do you become close with your ex? all contact should end right after the relationship. In this case one does not even have to entertain the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.