Is Somalia really in Africa?

*PLEASE READ ENTIRELY BEFORE DOWNVOTING*

A common argument among pro black Somalis when discussing our racial identity is, "b bu but Somalia is in Africa, we are Africans!" This couldn't be further from the truth.

First, we must understand what a continent is. A continent is a large continuous mass of land conventionally regarded as a collective region. There are *allegedly* 7 continents on planet earth. A common misconception by pro-black Somalis is that because we *technically* share tectonic plates with other countries, it means we are apart of their continent. If this was the case, Europe would be apart of Asia and not counted as a separate entity. Why is this not the case for them? Well, linguistically and ethnically, the areas of Asia and Europe are distinct. Because of this, there is consensus among geographers to divide Eurasia into Europe and Asia.

Now, why is this relevant to Somalia? And the horn at large for that matter. Well if white Europeans can seek secession among subcontinental lines all due to linguistic and ethnic variation then Somalis can too, and heres why.
IMG_2148.jpeg

As you can clearly see, the Somali plate (which included other countries incorporated in the Horn of Africa) is interconnected with the Arabian plate as well as the Nubian plate. Not only is our connection to the Middle East grounded in linguistic, ethnic, and cultural identity, but also geographically.

Rocks aside, proximity wise we are much closer to the Middle East than we are to any country in Africa. I, a Hargeisa native is closer to Aden than lagos, Nairobi, kampala, etc. (Our true continent👇🏽)
IMG_2149.jpeg

Lastly, for all the naysayers who will call me a coon for pointing out this obvious flaw in continental lines, I want to remind you that Somalis are native to Arabia, and our language was formed there;

“Additionally, Militarev identified a Somali substratum in Modern South Arabian, which he proposes is evidence that Somali speakers originally inhabited the Arabian Peninsula alongside Semitic speakers (Militarev 1984, 18-19; cf. also Belova 2003).”

It has been documented in translated Sanskrit manuscripts that we (what is now known as Cushites which are referring to us and Ethiopians) migrated to “Africa” from Arabia recently.
IMG_2150.jpeg
IMG_2151.jpeg

To conclude, we are not Africans, we have never been Africans. We recently migrated into this “continent” and even then the part of the “continent” we reside in isn’t even Africa. I could go into further detail as to why Somalia is not suited to be an African state, but this thread has been long enough.

A common argument among pro black Somalis when discussing our racial identity is, "b bu but Somalia is in Africa, we are Africans!" This couldn't be further from the truth.

First, we must understand what a continent is. A continent is a large continuous mass of land conventionally regarded as a collective region. There are *allegedly* 7 continents on planet earth. A common misconception by pro-black Somalis is that because we *technically* share tectonic plates with other countries, it means we are apart of their continent. If this was the case, Europe would be apart of Asia and not counted as a separate entity. Why is this not the case for them? Well, linguistically and ethnically, the areas of Asia and Europe are distinct. Because of this, there is consensus among geographers to divide Eurasia into Europe and Asia.

Now, why is this relevant to Somalia? And the horn at large for that matter. Well if white Europeans can seek secession among subcontinental lines all due to linguistic and ethnic variation then Somalis can too, and heres why.View attachment 299329

As you can clearly see, the Somali plate (which included other countries incorporated in the Horn of Africa) is interconnected with the Arabian plate as well as the Nubian plate. Not only is our connection to the Middle East grounded in linguistic, ethnic, and cultural identity, but also geographically.

Rocks aside, proximity wise we are much closer to the Middle East than we are to any country in Africa. I, a Hargeisa native is closer to Aden than lagos, Nairobi, kampala, etc. (Our true continent👇🏽)View attachment 299330

Lastly, for all the naysayers who will call me a coon for pointing out this obvious flaw in continental lines, I want to remind you that Somalis are native to Arabia, and our language was formed there;

“Additionally, Militarev identified a Somali substratum in Modern South Arabian, which he proposes is evidence that Somali speakers originally inhabited the Arabian Peninsula alongside Semitic speakers (Militarev 1984, 18-19; cf. also Belova 2003).”

It has been documented in translated Sanskrit manuscripts that we (what is now known as Cushites which are referring to us and Ethiopians) migrated to “Africa” from Arabia recently. View attachment 299333View attachment 299334

To conclude, we are not Africans, we have never been Africans. We recently migrated into this “continent” and even then the part of the “continent” we reside in isn’t even Africa. I could go into further detail as to why Somalia is not suited to be an African state, but this thread has been long enough.
North Africa despite being in Africa is still clustered in with the Middle East because they phenotypically look similar. The same is not said about Somalia because they look very visibly black and share a lot of features with other Sub-Saharans.
It's that simple my guy, stop with the mental gymnastics

Nin123

Hunted
VIP

Now, why is this relevant to Somalia? And the horn at large for that matter. Well if white Europeans can seek secession among subcontinental lines all due to linguistic and ethnic variation then Somalis can too, and heres why.View attachment 299329

Rocks aside, proximity wise we are much closer to the Middle East than we are to any country in Africa. I, a Hargeisa native is closer to Aden than lagos, Nairobi, kampala, etc. (Our true continent👇🏽)View attachment 299330

It has been documented in translated Sanskrit manuscripts that we (what is now known as Cushites which are referring to us and Ethiopians) migrated to “Africa” from Arabia recently. View attachment 299333View attachment 299334

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX