Is there a problem with European Muslims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do these actions alone really take someone out of the fold of Islam?

So Nawaz is a Progressive Muslim and the UK's version of Tarek Fatah? Interesting.

Duchess I don't consider Tarek Fatah a Muslim. And most Muslims I know agree with me.

If you want....I'll create a thread proving that Tarek isn't Muslim by using his own words against him. He openly stated that Islam is barbaric and is flawed as well as the Qur'an itself....and he doesn't hide his utter contempt for basic Islamic principles such as eating halal meat and praying 5 times a day.

Tarek's wife is an Atheist as well.

There is obviously an exremist problem among Muslim european youth. If the paris attack isn't proof enough then i don't know.
I don't see anything wrong in what Nawaz said. I actually 100% agree with what he said in that interview, the left has to stop its nonchalant ways of dealing with this and the right has to stop its Sensationalism and hysteria . He is definitly not Atheist nor is his organization, i have seen him multiple times defend muslims against Ayan Hirsis Heratic views. He is a very rational guy.

No suprise if salafis hate him and his organization. I guess what he preach is against their Wahabi doctrine.

Dude its not Wahabis at all. It's Islam itself which he has a problem with.

Maajid Nawaz and Tarek Fatah associate with and bring themselves around anti-Islamic authors like Ayaan Hirsi and Sam Harris. That alone says all you need to know about them.

They seek to alter Islam to fit their own preconceptions

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I don't think Tarek Fatah is Muslim either. Some of the things he says even make me cringe.

Majid Nawaz wants to reform Islam. I'm not sure if that takes him out of Islam or not. Also, his wife is also an Atheist.

Dude its not Wahabis at all. It's Islam itself which he has a problem with.

Maajid Nawaz and Tarek Fatah associate with and bring themselves around anti-Islamic authors like Ayaan Hirsi and Sam Harris. That alone says all you need to know about them.

They seek to alter Islam to fit their own preconceptions

Dunno I will have to research him. I was mainly talking about the video she posted and commenting on that solely.

From what both you and Solid are saying. he must be one of those new secular progressive pseudo Muslims. Trying to modify Islam to fit in western values and tradition like Ayan hirsi?

These people go from one extreme end to another. From extremists/wahabist to flaming extreme right wingnuts

So what I'm getting is @Duchess supports It?

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Maajid Nawaz makes great point in this video, the last thing people should do is divide themselves. ''This problem is not a arab or paki problem nor is it a muslim problem and not a non muslism problem. Its a problem that effects us all. ''

This statement i agree with 100%. People need to be more level headed and stop this dehumanization, Ethnic characterization and constant bombardment of hate narratives. The last thing you want is to feed this ISIL ideology and make muslim and non muslim communities enemies of eachother. Instead people need to work together and have cohesive way in dealing with this''

I personally think we need to distance ourselves from other Muslims. I'm not saying we should hate on them but we should be openly loud about the fact that we are different to Arab/Paki Muslims with a different culture, tradition and value sytem.

Christians in Uganda and Christians in Mexico are not the same people, and they don't claim each other. Mexican Christians don't get the blame when Ugandans kill gays or when American Christians bomb an abortion clinic.

Many European Muslims do not consider themselves Europeans and vice versa. It's an identity issue. When you grow up with your parents telling you this isn't your land and at the same time face racism in daily life you won't think you are welcome. What are you going to say to a person that asks you 'when are you going home to your own country'? In North America or Australia you'd tell them to f*ck off because they are no different from you but in Europe you know they are right.

Technically, it is their native land, but they lost the right to say 'go home' when they went into others' native land.

I personally think we need to distance ourselves from other Muslims. I'm not saying we should hate on them but we should be openly loud about the fact that we are different to Arab/Paki Muslims with a different culture, tradition and value sytem.

Christians in Uganda and Christians in Mexico are not the same people, and they don't claim each other. Mexican Christians don't get the blame when Ugandans kill gays or when American Christians bomb an abortion clinic.

We? :yloezpe: You're basically saying that even innocent Arabs/South Asians are just as guilty as the terrorists. :ulachen001:

Duchess I don't consider Tarek Fatah a Muslim. And most Muslims I know agree with me.

If you want....I'll create a thread proving that Tarek isn't Muslim by using his own words against him. He openly stated that Islam is barbaric and is flawed as well as the Qur'an itself....and he doesn't hide his utter contempt for basic Islamic principles such as eating halal meat and praying 5 times a day.

Tarek's wife is an Atheist as well.

His daughter is Natasha Fatah on CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending