Is this an Afar knife?

so dijbouti was originally a land part of northern somalia?
No northern somalia was called British somaliland and Southern somalia was called Italian somaliland. Post colonisation we tried to unite all three but the French sabotaged it because they wanted to hold onto there colonies.

All areas somalis inhabited was called somaliland

Garaad diinle

 
Yes it's a somali knife and it's called qolxad. It's found primely among cisse but can also be found among neighbouring somalis too. Aside from somalis these unique knifes are also found among afar and karrayu oromos. These knife can also be seen in harar and it's said that it's made by somalis there. These knife look alike and it's associated with camel herders therefore they clearly have a common origin. I suspect that it's of somali origin but that's simply my theory.

so dijbouti was originally a land part of northern somalia?
Djibouti was never part of Somalia. The closest sort of union Djibouti been with other Somali lands are Somaliland and Somali galbeed unified under various medieval islamic sultanates.
With french colonisation french SL became Djibouti the italians only colonised SL for a few years during 1936-1941. The brits colonised SL from the late 19th century until the early 60s. Overall,our main coloniser was Britain, as Djibouti had already become its own country during french colonisation. Hope this made sense.
Where can I read that the Italians colonised SL for a few years if they actually did it.