I've decided to become a full time hijabi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I've decided to wear the qimaar full time now. I'm at a place where I want to follow our beautiful religion devoutly.

I've been looking at hijab styles I'm loving these at the moment. My journey starts today!

What's your hijab style ladies?

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
:westbrookwtf:

Wtf does that supposed to mean? Just because I'm wearing hijab full time I'm wearing it for Tyrone? You need to get your priorities straight. :ufdup:
Waa qof waalan. He's full of cuqdad. He finds a way to shove his hatred of black people into any discussion.

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
Congrats sister, I am so happy for you.Welcome to the hijab club. All those hijab styles look amazing.:rejoice:

IMG_5136.JPG
IMG_5137.jpg
IMG_5138.jpg
I like the turban hijab style congrats

It perpetuates a bullshit Mesopotamian tradition that has nothing to do with Islam.
“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modes1ty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear therof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.” (Quran 24:31).

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modes1ty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear therof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.” (Quran 24:31).

Side note, does anyone else feel like wearing makeup with hijab kind of negates this?

Apollo

VIP

24:31 Tell the acknowledging women to lower their gaze and guard their private parts, and that they should not show off their attraction except what is apparent, and let them cast their clothes over their cleavage. Let them not show off their attraction except to their husbands, or their fathers, or fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or the sons of their brothers, or the sons of their sisters, or their children that come after them, or those who are still their dependants, or the male servants who are without need, or the child who has not yet understood the nakedness of women. Let them not strike with their feet in a manner that reveals what they are keeping hidden of their attraction. Repent to God, all of you acknowledgers, so that you may succeed.*

-----------------------------

Modesty and not showing off your breasts doesn't mean you have to wear a hijab.

The hijab is a pagan tradition from the Mesopotamian region that seeped into Islam.

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
It perpetuates a bullshit Mesopotamian tradition that has nothing to do with Islam.
Just because a certain civilization wear the scarf does not mean they have a full monopoly on the hijab or negates the importance the hijab in the Islamic religion. The Quran says " say to the believing women do not display their beauty except what is apparent, and they should place their khumur over their bosoms ( Chapter 24 V 30). The word khumur means a veil covering the head and the whole body. This verse prove that hijab is part of the Islamic religion, Therefore, your statement about hijab not being apart of Islam is false.

Apollo

VIP
Just because a certain civilization wear the scarf does not mean they have a full monopoly on the hijab or negates the importance the hijab in the Islamic religion. The Quran says " say to the believing women do not display their beauty except what is apparent, and they should place their khumur over their bosoms ( Chapter 24 V 30). The word khumur means a veil covering the head and the whole body. This verse prove that hijab is part of the Islamic religion, Therefore, your statement about hijab not being apart of Islam is false.

There are different translations and different interpretations.

The hijab is not a must in Islam. It is a stupid tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.