I've decided to become a full time hijabi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
24:31 Tell the acknowledging women to lower their gaze and guard their private parts, and that they should not show off their attraction except what is apparent, and let them cast their clothes over their cleavage. Let them not show off their attraction except to their husbands, or their fathers, or fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or the sons of their brothers, or the sons of their sisters, or their children that come after them, or those who are still their dependants, or the male servants who are without need, or the child who has not yet understood the nakedness of women. Let them not strike with their feet in a manner that reveals what they are keeping hidden of their attraction. Repent to God, all of you acknowledgers, so that you may succeed.*

-----------------------------

Modesty and not showing off your breasts doesn't mean you have to wear a hijab.

The hijab is a pagan tradition from the Mesopotamian region that seeped into Islam.
You just grabbed a different translation. As someone said below the word used in the Quran is 'khimar' which translates to veil, which is worn over the hair. Makes sense as hair is an important aspect of a woman's beauty. People nowadays tend to cover their hair but don't acknowledge the covering the bosom part and wear a short scarf that terminates at the base of the neck, which is only half of the requirement.

Last edited:
There are different translations and different interpretations.

The hijab is not a must in Islam. It is a stupid tradition.
You cannot say this definitively, as that would mean you are ignoring all other interpretations, which, as you stated, exist. Even if your interpretation is correct, is it not better to be on the safe side? Why risk engaging in haram for the sake of not wearing a simple cloth to cover your hair that takes three seconds to put on every morning. For what, to fit in with society? LOL, Not worth the gamble.

Apollo

VIP
You cannot say this definitively, as that would mean you are ignoring all other interpretations, which, as you stated, exist. Even if your interpretation is correct, is it not better to be on the safe side? Why risk engaging in haram for the sake of not wearing a simple cloth to cover your hair that takes three seconds to put on every morning. For what, to fit in with society? LOL, Not worth the gamble.

The creator of the universe does not care about such petulant rules. Use your logic. Guy creates the universe and then starts caring about bullshit like covering hair? Give me a break.

rabshole

Aragaani
@Amun
The hijab is a must and it has never been disputed its in the Quran.
I know you're a Quranist and deny all hadiths but now sheekaad iikeentay to say there are other "interpretation" when there is ijtimaac/ consensus on the matter :mjkkk:
You're out-stretching yourself this time.

Since you deny hadiths i have been meaning to ask you, how do you pray?
There isn't anything in the quran that tells us exactly how to.

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
There are different translations and different interpretations.

The hijab is not a must in Islam. It is a stupid tradition.
It is very clear that hijab is apart of Islam. There are discrepancy in whether the face and the hands should be covered, however, all Islamic scholars agree that the head and the body have to be covered. You have not provided any evidence that the hijab is not apart of Islam. I can tell by your tone and language that you dispise the hijab and that is your opinion, however, don't let your dislike for something lead you to spread false information about Islam.

Last edited:
The creator of the universe does not care about such petulant rules. Use your logic. Guy creates the universe and then starts caring about bullshit like covering hair? Give me a break.
Maybe to you its 'bs' but to us women, we'd rather not be feasted on by the eyes of men. The fact that we are avoiding getting bad deeds in doing so is only a bonus. Thanks, now move along.

@Amun
The hijab is a must and it has never been disputed its in the Quran.
I know you're a Quranist and deny all hadiths but now sheekaad iikeentay to say there are other "interpretation" when there is ijtimaac/ consensus on the matter :mjkkk:
You're out-stretching yourself this time.

Since you deny hadiths i have been meaning to ask you, how do you pray?
There isn't anything in the quran that tells us exactly how to.
This is how they pray :mjlol:

What kind of logic is this? Your own?:ayaanswag:
Perhaps the logic of the hijab preventing women from being objectified as devised by Allah swt is maybe more superior?

@Amun why do you reject the Sunnah of the Prophet SAW when it says in the Quran "Say: if you love Allah, follow me and Allah will love you." [Al-Qur'an 3:31]. Don't you want Allah to love you?

rabshole

Aragaani
It is very clear that hijab is apart of Islam. There are discrepancy in whether the face and the hands should be covered, however, all Islamic scholars agree that the head and the body have to be covered. You have not provided any evidence that the hijab is not apart of the Islam. I can tell by your tone and language that you dispise the hijab and that is your opinion, however, don't let your dislike for something lead you to spread false information about Islam.
:lawd::lawd::lawd:
Aad iyo aad baan kuu jeclahay walaale.
This is how they pray :mjlol:

giphy(2).gif

@Amun

@Amun why do you reject the Sunnah of the Prophet SAW when it says in the Quran "Say: if you love Allah, follow me and Allah will love you." [Al-Qur'an 3:31]. Don't you want Allah to love you?

And nabi muxamed scw said
[{صلوا كما رأيتموني أصلي}]
(Pray as you have seen me praying)

Kkkkkk
So much for being a Quranist
giphy (6).gif

Last edited:
N

NaomiHoney

I've decided to wear the qimaar full time now. I'm at a place where I want to follow our beautiful religion devoutly.

I've been looking at hijab styles I'm loving these at the moment. My journey starts today!

What's your hijab style ladies?

Masha allah tabarakallah. You'll love it!!
Your make up will pop out more when when the hijab!!

Status
Not open for further replies.