Jaarso are Somalis and the conflict between Jaarso and Geri Koombe needs to be resolved

I am also for justice but and I definitely understand the oppression of Jaarso but to claim and side with an ethnicity that is fifty fifty muslim and christian and politically christian dominated is where I draw the line. If Jaarso choose to be Oromo, they will be dealt with like Oromo, so I hope that if they are ever asked to be part of SRS they should join. Also do you know any % of Jaarso who speak Somali and % who speak oromo?

It's hard to make estimations. These are also farmer areas where many don't go to formal schools or quit early on. Majority jarso in DDS and former DDS controlled areas (Jinacsani), speak somali as a mother tongue, many of whom speaks Oromo too, but it is not as widespread as somali. More closer to the border (more oromo speaker), futher away (less oromo speaker). Hence, why many still speak somali, despite some of whom claiming oromo. They all went to schools with somali as the medium of instruction, though more oromo schools are opening up in Jinacsani. In Hararghe, most of them speak Oromo, and few speak somali.

Last edited:
So Jarso has wanted to be part of Oromo region since the formation of the state in the 90s. And in 2004, they got their wish and took their regions with them. Abdi Iley was not President when Jarso joined Oromia. BTW, i checked your posts and surprise surprise you are Dir. Langaab who needs to claim random Oromo sub clans like Jarso and Wardey to boost your numbers.
Hey hey hey. Please no qabyaalad. Here. I want it purely to be based on facts, rationality and objectivity detached from emotions.
Screenshot_20230122-022833_Chrome.jpg

Always provide sources. You have a SS of a text provide sources. No qabyaalad, no emotional statements just pure fact and well articulated arguments

I am also for justice but and I definitely understand the oppression of Jaarso but to claim and side with an ethnicity that is fifty fifty muslim and christian and politically christian dominated is where I draw the line. If Jaarso choose to be Oromo, they will be dealt with like Oromo, so I hope that if they are ever asked to be part of SRS they should join. Also do you know any % of Jaarso who speak Somali and % who speak oromo?
Wherever theres Jaarso theres Gerri they live amongst each other on both sides of the border thats why ideally the oromia border should be beyond the Gerri-Jaarso territory who share a 100+ year history the jaarso weren't the only ones who joined oromia the hawiye too the jaarso joined thinking they could get more political influence and escape Gerri subordination thats why i think with better leadership it wouldnt be hard to be convinced them to rejoin as they didn't join Oromia out of feeling Oromo as some make it seem @GaradShabeel So is the referendum reversible or is it set in stone.The current conflict is infact the oromia region building a dam in somali region which is wrong and goes to show they are the ones who benefit in Jaarso joining oromia to exploit their conflict the Gerri should be holding Cagar accountable for this violation of the border
Cagjar himself see the Jaarso as somalis which shows a change in how the leadership view them compared to Iley

Jaarso waa Soomaali. The same way Akiisho, Madigaan, Barsuug and Gurgure are Somali.
They straddle the linguistic boundary between Somalis and the Oromo nation - This means that they often speak Oromo but this does not negate their Somalinimo.

Those who say they are not Somali have ulterior motives.

Here is their caaqil being inaugurated in Hargeysa 2015, to represent the community in Soomaaliland

At this xaflad members/traditional leaders of Samaroon, HA, HY, Ciidagale et al. were present.

The xaflad was blessed by Sheekh Cabdilaahi Cali Jowhar - Sheekha Boorama

The beef between Geri and Jaarso has been going on for donkeys years. Ilaahey ha kala qaboojiyo, Ameen.

Last edited:

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
VIP
I sent money to some families people back home they are buying arms but they are defending their land

ZBR

Ψ³Ψ¨Ψ­Ψ§Ω† اللهِ ΩˆΨ¨Ψ­Ω…Ψ―ΩΩ‡ Free Palestine
Jazakhallahu khair for this thread and bringing awareness