JANUARY 20 2017: The day I quit drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard in Canada Hennessy is used as cough medicine.

To be quite frank, I used Hennessy cause that has been the stereotype for Canadians. I've always been more of an Absolut/Grey Goose drinker.

But alas, tis no more. I now drink sparkling grape juice & pop vimto bottles

well if your not too in the deep end, it wouldn't be too hard.

If you are an alcoholic then you should consult a doctor. People have died due to quitting alcohol.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
On the path to sobriety. It wont be easy guys. Pray for me. Each day away from Hennessy, is a day closer to heaven.
canadians maan
tumblr_n1udg2qzmz1r5zq6ao6_250.gif

If you are an alcoholic then you should consult a doctor. People have died due to quitting alcohol.

I agree, seek help if you need to.
It takes time so don't be hard on yourself, ilaahay ha kuu sahlo.
I'm sure youll do fine

I'm not addicted in any way. It was just a recreational activity. I don't have any friends who don't drink, therefore I feel left out of outings. I need to make some new friends man.

I agree, seek help if you need to.
It takes time so don't be hard on yourself, ilaahay ha kuu sahlo.
I'm sure youll do fine

This is my first time qutting. I do not feel as though I need help yet, because I only drink on weekends anyway. I am not out here binging 7 days a week. If things get rough, I will definitely look towards finding some sort of assistance.

Thanks for the support

This is my first time qutting. I do not feel as though I need help yet, because I only drink on weekends anyway. I am not out here binging 7 days a week. If things get rough, I will definitely look towards finding some sort of assistance.

Thanks for the support
are you Muslim?

I get that Muslims are human but with all the talk of hell I sometimes don't understand how Muslims fall into things like drugs and alcohol.

maybe i was scared off young, but even the smell and sight of alcohol makes me remember Allah so there's no way i would ever touch that stuff.

Thanks for the support

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about alcoholism.
If you have friends that need you to be drunk to be with them then you definitely need to cut them off but if not then you just need to quit and try to stand by it.
Also you have to know if you're drinking because of the atmosphere or if there's actual pressure and where's the pressures coming from.

are you Muslim?

I get that Muslims are human but with all the talk of hell I sometimes don't understand how Muslims fall into things like drugs and alcohol.

maybe i was scared off young, but even the smell and sight of alcohol makes me remember Allah so there's no way i would ever touch that stuff.

I am Muslim, but I would be lying if I didn't say I haven't gone through periods of questioning and lack of interest altogether. I have never left Islam although looking back on some of my behaviour, it is a wonder how I even managed to keep my faith.

I don't want to pass off the blame on others, but I was raised in a home where my mother smoked shisha and cigarettes and my dad drank and smoked weed. So naturally, curiosity got the best of me.

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about alcoholism.
If you have friends that need you to be drunk to be with them then you definitely need to cut them off but if not then you just need to quit and try to stand by it.
Also you have to know if you're drinking because of the atmosphere or if there's actual pressure and where's the pressures coming from.

My friends do not actually require me to drink, however the temptation is there when I am around it. If you attempt to hang out with drunk people while you're sober, you'll really start to resent them, because they're a sight for sore eyes. And maybe that's what I need. That wake up call.

I am Muslim, but I would be lying if I didn't say I haven't gone through periods of questioning and lack of interest altogether. I have never left Islam although looking back on some of my behaviour, it is a wonder how I even managed to keep my faith.

I don't want to pass off the blame on others, but I was raised in a home where my mother smoked shisha and cigarettes and my dad drank and smoked weed. So naturally, curiosity got the best of me.
Alhamdullilah its never too late to go on the right path. its good that you've always hung on to your faith despite everything. i don't know how hard it would be to quit alcohol but as you said you are on a 'path to heaven' which means that you are doing it to be a better Muslim. i think that would make it much easier since you have some sort of deterrent/incentive.

anyways, good luck. Insha Allah you'll breeze through it.

My friends do not actually require me to drink, however the temptation is there when I am around it. If you attempt to hang out with drunk people while you're sober, you'll really start to resent them, because they're a sight for sore eyes. And maybe that's what I need. That wake up call.

Yeah exactly, just see it for what it is and remind yourself why you don't want to anymore. And if you're hanging with somali ppl you'll find someone that also doesn't drink. You won't feel so left out or weird

Status
Not open for further replies.