Jubaland, 10 years on

Abaq

VIP
A lot has been achieved and plenty more to go. The focus of the first decade was security, security, and more security. Jublanad today has an effective police force, one of the few states that has a fully indigenous secret service called JISA which defends the state from internal and external threats, and the Darawiish forces. It took a long time to set up these institutions and to build up their capacity.

After that was done, the focus became liberating the Lower Jubba region and expanding the control of the government. A lot has been achieved here. The Kismayo-Afmadow-Dhoobley corridor has been fully liberated and trade is already showing an expansion. The next target now is the Kismayo-Badhaadhe-Kulbiyow corridor which is underway with troops stationed beyond Buulo Xaaji. This should hopefully be wrapped up in the next few months iA. Once this corridor is freed, the state will have full control over the Lower Jubba region connecting the government-controlled towns and cities of Badhaadhe with Kismayo directly by land.

After the Lower Jubba is fully connected, the focus will then turn to the Middle Jubba. This is likely to take another decade but it will finally be a realistic goal after the Lower Jubba is fully freed

Abaq

VIP
463296475_1068946314611689_712792583144684854_n.jpg
463335450_1068946661278321_7697095391998379386_n.jpg
463337376_1068946697944984_1244759946070439912_n.jpg
463469977_1068946247945029_6338563362111387189_n.jpg

Somali Saayid

Professional Amateur Troll
VIP
A lot has been achieved and plenty more to go. The focus of the first decade was security, security, and more security. Jublanad today has an effective police force, one of the few states that has a fully indigenous secret service called JISA which defends the state from internal and external threats, and the Darawiish forces. It took a long time to set up these institutions and to build up their capacity.

After that was done, the focus became liberating the Lower Jubba region and expanding the control of the government. A lot has been achieved here. The Kismayo-Afmadow-Dhoobley corridor has been fully liberated and trade is already showing an expansion. The next target now is the Kismayo-Badhaadhe-Kulbiyow corridor which is underway with troops stationed beyond Buulo Xaaji. This should hopefully be wrapped up in the next few months iA. Once this corridor is freed, the state will have full control over the Lower Jubba region connecting the government-controlled towns and cities of Badhaadhe with Kismayo directly by land.

After the Lower Jubba is fully connected, the focus will then turn to the Middle Jubba. This is likely to take another decade but it will finally be a realistic goal after the Lower Jubba is fully freed

:nvjpqts: any progress is great progress

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
I wish reer PL didn't give up on Kismayo, my awoowe AUN died there and I would have loved for that to be my home also. Reer PL strategy of putting everything into North East isn't good imo. Aaabo was born in Jiliib, Awoowe was born in Tiyeglow, Awoowe labaad died in Qalaafo, we have boogcad in Doolow, I'm as Koonfuur as it gets. PL is something new to me, which I embrace but still Koonfuur is where my identity is.

Garowe vs Kismayo, which is bigger?
I wish reer PL didn't give up on Kismayo, my awoowe AUN died there and I would have loved for that to be my home also. Reer PL strategy of putting everything into North East isn't good imo. Aaabo was born in Jiliib, Awoowe was born in Tiyeglow, Awoowe labaad died in Qalaafo, we have boogcad in Doolow, I'm as Koonfuur as it gets. PL is something new to me, which I embrace but still Koonfuur is where my identity is.
With all due respect, without the visionary leadership from the North East, Kismaayo and JL have failed to progress. Garowe and LA used to be part of Nugaal province together with LA as the capital. Now there is no comparison between the two. This is due to differences in leadership and capacity. I think Kismaayo will continue to stagnate without that leadership. :francis:

Tiyeglow

I been to bosaso, bosaso is 100 percent better than kismaayoπŸ˜‚ kismayo wa baba
Joore, is Kismayo still MJ majority (baadiyo area) like you said? Mostly every Muse suldaan that is known was from Kismayo, we cannot give up on it sxb. Inshallah this dictator leaves and we start to lead. I know MJ/Harti is always mayor of Kismayo so that is hopeful. Goobweyn sidi uu qurux tahay sxb janno oo kale waye

Tiyeglow

With all due respect, without the visionary leadership from the North East, Kismaayo and JL have failed to progress. Garowe and LA used to be part of Nugaal province together with LA as the capital. Now there is no comparison between the two. This is due to differences in leadership and capacity. I think Kismaayo will continue to stagnate without that leadership. :francis:
Great point. LA however was under the dictatorship of SL. PL simply has resources and support that most other regions cannot admittedly obtain, so it is in their interest to be part of PL (SSC). Look how developed Burtinle and Goldogob are, rising cities. Really proud of.

JL is a city-state, Kismayo is the only city there. It is really sad how Axmed Black destroyed my Juba region. He is just as cancerous as AS (given he is them!)

Trending

Latest posts