Largest producer of tomatoes in Somalia

NidarNidar

โ™šSargon of Adalโ™š
VIP
For salads, we need to build verticle farms, you can grow so much with hydroponics.
1726697030267.png

Ashraf

๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿซ๐’…๐’”๐’–๐’‚ ๐’…๐’˜๐’๐’๐’—๐’‡๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿชฝ
How much would I cost to start one?

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
These were his total early costs. Pretty sure he started even earlier than this. Just donโ€™t want to scroll that far back. His first costs to do this for 1 greenhouse was 7k

Also heโ€™s spoken to the minister of agriculture and FGS before. He advises all Somali to do the same as him, he usually says places like ceerigabo, gedo, and other regions with fertile land will make Somalis rich. So FGS likely plans to invest, he attended here:
Hassan should invest in this

Last edited:

NidarNidar

โ™šSargon of Adalโ™š
VIP
It depends on the size, system you use etc, if you're building it yourself or if you are buying them from someone, for a small-scale one, it's in the region of 5k, the green house solution works much better back home.

It's probably not advisable to do hydroponics in Somalia since electricity is expensive, but once we start drilling and supplying ourselves with oil, it would get much cheaper.

Good looks, but I said in the post that I scrolled for as long as I could. The answer was memory based sxb, better than giving no answer.
Nah the tweet showed 3 greenhouses at 18k. The farmer is a millionaire, he began 4years ago with a 10k loan and grew it from there. Everything he grews uses to be imported from abroad. He has lots of greenhouses in Xamar and does installations elsewhere. He's travelled to Lascanood and Buulobarde.

Farming is one of the easiest way to become rich. In Somalia most dried goods are imported, the next step should be like the video below. They sell to over 50 markets, hold 9 manufacturing units and are forecast to earn 5,000 core by 2028