Laxanka Jawhara Luula iyo Rogaal

Dooyo

Inaba Caadi Maaha
My two favorite laxans (might also just be the two most popular laxans with the most renditions) are Jawhara Luula and Rogaal.

Jawhara Luula, popular balwo laxan was created by Cumar Subagle (AUN), a famous kaban player and songwriter. It gained traction in the Hawd and Reserve area of British Somaliland around 1954. The laxan was used for songs of resistance that called for the people to stand up against the British colonizers.

My favorite rendition of Jawhara Luula, Cumar Dhule's (AUN) song, Ceelasha Bari.

Teen-aged Magool (AUN) (Maandeeq? People are arguing in the comment sections of these songs, as to who it is lol) and Maxamed Yusuf (AUN)

My favorite Djiboutian singer, Nimco Jamac :2tjlv3e::2tjlv3e::2tjlv3e:

Two other Magool versions, younger and older Magool. Boqorada Codka indeed:banderas:

Last edited:

Dooyo

Inaba Caadi Maaha
Laxanka Rogaal was created by another pioneer of the balwo or heelo genre, Cabdullahi Maxamed Maxamud Xirsi ‘Qarshe’.

My favorite song using this laxan is by Faadumo Ahmed Dhimbiil. Her voice is absolutely exquisite in this song

:rejoice:

Magool

Yurub Geenyo. This one was a surprise. I always forget that Xidhigaha Geeska had some decent singers that they weren’t all autotune bandits lol

wonyluvr

prima hablood 𝜗𝜚⋆₊˚
VIP
I was going to post about this in march but I got lazy thanks for doing it for me :whew:
63705FEF-0A06-477A-8ABD-8AC6EAF95DFA.jpeg

Jawhara Luula, popular balwo laxan was created by Cumar Subagle (AUN), a famous kaban player and songwriter. It gained traction in the Hawd and Reserve area of British Somaliland around 1954. The laxan was used for songs of resistance that called for the people to stand up against the British colonizers.

Trending

Latest posts