Lee Kuan Yew appreciation thread

Lee Kuan Yew. This guy legit might be that guy.

Ofcourse as an outsider I don't know full detail but damn, everything about him is iconic.

I feel like when he saw his fellow country men get rounded up by the japanese and get shot by the beach during WW2... that shit lit a fire in him.

It's very hard to find a better statesman and someone with more energy and vigor.

I was just reading up on his son too, who also became primeminister of singapore (through merit by the way, he got Senior Wrangler to say the least).

Not only did he raise a primeminister but he raised a whole country from mud.

Forever my goat.

We need that type of a dictator. Singapore's economy still grows at 4% annually, while Western countries stagnate at 1-2% annually. Good immigration policies, coupled with making Singapore an attractive destination for gambling, entertainment, and banking, contributed alot to Its succees .

Lee Kuan Yew. This guy legit might be that guy.

Ofcourse as an outsider I don't know full detail but damn, everything about him is iconic.

I feel like when he saw his fellow country men get rounded up by the japanese and get shot by the beach during WW2... that shit lit a fire in him.

It's very hard to find a better statesman and someone with more energy and vigor.

I was just reading up on his son too, who also became primeminister of singapore (through merit by the way, he got Senior Wrangler to say the least).

Not only did he raise a primeminister but he raised a whole country from mud.

Forever my goat.
If only Djibouti took a page out of Singapore's book. Both are small countries yet are in an important geographic area.

Meaning you can take advantage of trade routes and investment from foreign capital.

But that fat bastard president of Djibouti would much rather rent Djibouti out as a army base for outside countries to use .

The money from renting out the bases goes straight to his pockets instead of the betterment of the citizens of Djibouti.

May Allah's curse be with him

If only Djibouti took a page out of Singapore's book. Both are small countries yet are in an important geographic area.

Meaning you can take advantage of trade routes and investment from foreign capital.

But that fat bastard president of Djibouti would much rather rent Djibouti out as a army base for outside countries to use .

The money from renting out the bases goes straight to his pockets instead of the betterment of the citizens of Djibouti.

Lee Kuan Yew when you go to his wiki:

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 12.37.13.png

Ismaïl Omar Guelleh when you go to his wiki​

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 12.38.35.png

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
Singapore is an a nation of little natural resources but have 1 strong resource and that is great leadership.

Somaliweyn is a land of many natural resources but lack the most important resources which is great leadership.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
He great as mayor but not president, if u wanna learn from anyone learn from Deng Xiaoping who uplifted million from fate of poverty

He great as mayor but not president, if u wanna learn from anyone learn from Deng Xiaoping who uplifted million from fate of poverty
You think he wouldn't do better than all of Somalia's presidents combined?

I know Deng Xiaoping is a great man, Lee Kaun Yew said it himself. No need to knock him down tho.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
You think he wouldn't do better than all of Somalia's presidents combined?

I know Deng Xiaoping is a great man, Lee Kaun Yew said it himself. No need to knock him down tho.
Of course he would but his teaching only apply on city level countries, he can't manage big country

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP

He established a merit-based, non-politicized bureaucracy and initiated massive campaigns against corruption. The result is that Singapore was one of the ten least corrupt countries in the year 2016-2017. He also invested in the people by focusing on education and succeeded as one of the “national investments” and as a result, enrollment in all educational institutions in Singapore grew. From 352,952 students in 1960 to 651,655 students in 2016, the literacy rate also improved from 72.2 percent in 1970 to 97.0 percent in 2016

In 1997, the Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS), which compared the scores of 13-year-olds on mathematics and science tests in 41 countries, ranked Singapore first in both subjects with scores of 643 and 607 respectively, well above the international average. 500 (The Economist, 1997, p. 21). In 2015, Singaporean students not only maintained their top places in both subjects in the TIMSS assessment, but also topped the PISA in 65 countries in mathematics, reading and science literacy skills and, as previously mentioned, the OECD World School Rankings in 76 countries
- Without forgetting the economic impact it had, Singapore's GDP per capita increased 56 times from S$1,310 (US$428) in 1960 to S$73,167 (US$52,962) in 2016

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
He established a merit-based, non-politicized bureaucracy and initiated massive campaigns against corruption. The result is that Singapore was one of the ten least corrupt countries in the year 2016-2017. He also invested in the people by focusing on education and succeeded as one of the “national investments” and as a result, enrollment in all educational institutions in Singapore grew. From 352,952 students in 1960 to 651,655 students in 2016, the literacy rate also improved from 72.2 percent in 1970 to 97.0 percent in 2016

In 1997, the Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS), which compared the scores of 13-year-olds on mathematics and science tests in 41 countries, ranked Singapore first in both subjects with scores of 643 and 607 respectively, well above the international average. 500 (The Economist, 1997, p. 21). In 2015, Singaporean students not only maintained their top places in both subjects in the TIMSS assessment, but also topped the PISA in 65 countries in mathematics, reading and science literacy skills and, as previously mentioned, the OECD World School Rankings in 76 countries
- Without forgetting the economic impact it had, Singapore's GDP per capita increased 56 times from S$1,310 (US$428) in 1960 to S$73,167 (US$52,962) in 2016

We need this.

But Lee did jt through force, he made sure Singaporeans obeyed the law and the police would pack anyone who stepped over the line. This is good and exactly what we need in Somalia.

Trending