Light skinned Somalis

I've been arguing with someone online over how Somalis look and I hate the misconception that Somalis all look the same. I told them Somalis come in a variety of skin tones and hair types and they insist that 90% of Somalis are all very dark skinned with curly hair and the only light ones are Reer Xamar. Does anyone have pictures of lighter skinned Somalis? Not trying to turn this into a colorism thread but I want to highlight the diversity of appearances of Somalis. I myself am dark skinned but my hoyoo is light skinned herself. I'm sure many here also have family members that are a mix of dark and light skinned as well

I've been arguing with someone online over how Somalis look and I hate the misconception that Somalis all look the same. I told them Somalis come in a variety of skin tones and hair types and they insist that 90% of Somalis are all very dark skinned with curly hair and the only light ones are Reer Xamar. Does anyone have pictures of lighter skinned Somalis? Not trying to turn this into a colorism thread but I want to highlight the diversity of appearances of Somalis. I myself am dark skinned but my hoyoo is light skinned herself. I'm sure many here also have family members that are a mix of dark and light skinned as well
Pretty sure someone on this forum mentioned how ethnic Somalis carry the gene for light skin pigmentation, slc something, if I’m not mistaken, so light skinned ethnic Somalis don’t need recent pajeet admixture. I’ve noticed that the northern region of Somalia has more light-skinned people compared to, let’s say, Mogadishu..

Me and my brothers are all dark skin with 3b hair. My sisters are all lightskin. It's genetics men inherit dominant gene women inherit the weaker gene. Depending on the gene sensitivity the men can sometimes inherit the lightskin gene. Darkskin Somalis however are way more common than lightskins ones.

Ahmed Karaash and Maxamuud Hashi come to mind. Both politicians up north
1725756343357.jpeg

1725756375974.jpeg

Pretty sure someone on this forum mentioned how ethnic Somalis carry the gene for light skin pigmentation, slc something, if I’m not mistaken, so light skinned ethnic Somalis don’t need recent pajeet admixture. I’ve noticed that the northern region of Somalia has more light-skinned people compared to, let’s say, Mogadishu..
No noticeable difference

I posted an image of Jawahir Ahmed and they flat out said she doesn't look Somali and must be Reer Xamar even though she is factually Majeerteen.

1723242404478.png

Does this sister look non-Somali to you? I swear I hate ajnabis deciding how we look

:dead:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Why are you speaking or arguing with Negroes huuno?? Lets talk about your low self esteem first before we get into bigger issues like get into an argument.

Why are you speaking or arguing with Negroes huuno?? Lets talk about your low self esteem first before we get into bigger issues like get into an argument.
They aren't black and I have been seeing what ajnabis have been saying about us for a while so I wanted to make a thread

rayxn3

🧚‍♀️
I posted an image of Jawahir Ahmed and they flat out said she doesn't look Somali and must be Reer Xamar even though she is factually Majeerteen.

View attachment 342094

Does this sister look non-Somali to you? I swear I hate ajnabis deciding how we look

:dead:
I think people just aren’t used to seeing lighter Somalis in the media. But yeah she looks fully Somali.

It doesn’t help that Somalis stereotype themselves as all looking the same and sharing the same traits when we are very diverse for one ethnic group.

Habeshas are also diverse in skin tone and hair texture but they only like showing their lighter women to the world..

I think people just aren’t used to seeing lighter Somalis in the media. But yeah she looks fully Somali.

It doesn’t help that Somalis stereotype themselves as all looking the same and sharing the same traits when we are very devise for one ethnic group.

Habeshas are also diverse in skin tone and hair texture but they only like showing their lighter women to the world..
I blame google images honestly. Its almost nothing but dark skinned Somalis with some Bantus even thrown in as well

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
My hooyo is like 3 shades lighter then me. I find it so funny when retarded niggss say we all look alike. I don't even look like my own mother 😭

rayxn3

🧚‍♀️
I blame google images honestly. Its almost nothing but dark skinned Somalis with some Bantus even thrown in as well
Yup. Even when they used to post Somalis in the media about war and famine it was mainly Bantu Somalis being shown. I wonder why that is.

We have a wide level of diversity in skin colour and features but I’ll be real a very chunk of Somali men have that stereotypical look ajnabis are familiar with.

Zero difference. Ethnic somalis are all the same generally

Mogadishu is on the coast that’s why people are darker over there compared to hargeisa or jigjiga which is inland

Trending

Latest posts