list of sahaabah and salaf who celebrated mawlid

Araabi

Awdalite
The Prophet saw himself celebrated his birth date/day weekly by fasting:

Muslim (1162) narrated from Abu Qatadah al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was asked about fasting on Mondays and he said: “On (that day) I was born and on it Revelation came down to me.”

The Prophet saw himself did an act of worship and when he was asked why he did it on that specific day he said it was the day he was born. Although that may not necessarily be a yearly celebration in the way we understand birthdays, it was a weekly celebration and devotion attributed to his birth date/day.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
The Prophet saw himself celebrated his birth date/day weekly by fasting:

Muslim (1162) narrated from Abu Qatadah al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was asked about fasting on Mondays and he said: “On (that day) I was born and on it Revelation came down to me.”

The Prophet saw himself did an act of worship and when he was asked why he did it on that specific day he said it was the day he was born. Although that may not necessarily be a yearly celebration in the way we understand birthdays, it was a weekly celebration and devotion attributed to his birth date/day.
Oh so that's why hooyo fasts mondays. I never bothered to ask why but now it all makes sense