Locusts coming back to Somalia- 400 times stronger

Why don't Somalis capture and eat them or kill them with smoke? heck, you can even put chemicals on crops so that when they eat it they die, if those crops can be washed and be edible even better.

Locusts are highly nutritious, adapt

Why don't Somalis capture and eat them or kill them with smoke? heck, you can even put chemicals on crops so that when they eat it they die, if those crops can be washed and be edible even better.

Locusts are highly nutritious, adapt
You think Somali adeers that turn their nose up at sushi are going to eat literal insects warya?:ftw9nwa:

You think Somali adeers that turn their nose up at sushi are going to eat literal insects warya?:ftw9nwa:
They don't know until they try. Some standard dishes are trash, I remember laxoox in Hargeisa BLAH but locusts might be a good idea.

They're gonna have to adapt

Only eat meat and every meal should include meat.
That sounds like a coronary artery bypass waiting to happen sxb:ufdup:
They don't know until they try. Some standard dishes are trash, I remember laxoox in Hargeisa BLAH but locusts might be a good idea.

They're gonna have to adapt
Our noble people aren't like indooyar subhumans walalo. No amount of "just try it, it might be nice" is going to make insects appetizing.

We should open a locust processing plant where we turn the locusts into organic chips of different flavors.. We can export it to China and other countries where they like to consume this stuff
That's close to what I said but how i that sustainable? There's aren't that many locusts and as soon as the amount of locusts drop the market is gonna die down. Shipping and production of these "chips" costs money you know :rolleyes:

That sounds like a coronary artery bypass waiting to happen sxb:ufdup:

Our noble people aren't like indooyar subhumans walalo. No amount of "just try it, it might be nice" is going to make insects appetizing.
idk if you guys have seen it but I've seen Somalilanders eat locusts on video recently. It's an initiative.

That's close to what I said but how i that sustainable? There's aren't that many locusts and as soon as the amount of locusts drop the market is gonna die down. Shipping and production of these "chips" costs money you know :rolleyes:

You can catch as many locust as possible, freez them down and process them and if they are returning seasonally there shouldn't be an issue with the supply chain.. But if you can't keep up you can always setup a locust farm as backup supply.

You can catch as many locust as possible, freez them down and process them and if they are returning seasonally there shouldn't be an issue with the supply chain.. But if you can't keep up you can always setup a locust farm as backup supply.
That's not a bad idea. It's gonna require more funding, security, and precautions but it can work. Farming locusts should be cheap.

Why don't we release them in Kenya secretely :mjlaugh:

That's not a bad idea. It's gonna require more funding, security, and precautions but it can work. Farming locusts should be cheap.

Why don't we release them in Kenya secretely :mjlaugh:
It would be great to release them near their khat farms :sass2:
c13c429ad79aeac088b8d6e0ba9aadeb.gif

yall:deadosama:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
This is really bad, weve never seen locust swarms this bad. Its biblical level bad.

The end is near

Trending

Latest posts