its just a borrowed word. Why would anyone think we have none of our own dishes unless all of the somali cuisine was made up of indian words? most of us don't even eat it that often for someone to think that

It's clear to see that the Swahili communities in the South have influenced the communities that use that word. It's alien to most Somalis, and we have our own word for it that the majority use. Let's just agree to disagree sis, I want a complete Somalisation of our language.

It's clear to see that the Swahili communities in the South have influenced the communities that use that word. It's alien to most Somalis, and we have our own word for it that the majority use. Let's just agree to disagree sis, I want a complete Somalisation of our language.
I do agree with you that there is a problem with somalis not developing their own culture. I see it with the clothes especially. I wonder why somali clothiers would rather make arab, indian, or western clothes, instead of updating and modernizing somali clothes to fit people style and modesty level today. I think going through too much as a country affecting cultural development

I do agree with you that there is a problem with somalis not developing their own culture. I see it with the clothes especially. I wonder why somali clothiers would rather make arab, indian, or western clothes, instead of updating and modernizing somali clothes to fit people style and modesty level today. I think going through too much as a country affecting cultural development
What Indian cloths you liar.

Trending