Mehr topic

I’m loving the market place bargaining.
You should’ve started off with a low offer so you could meet in the middle.
:cosbyhmm:

Asc I need advice I live in 🇩🇪 planing to get marry soon inshallah. The girl asked for 110 gram gold I told her i afford 70gram gold and that I wanna go to umrah with her. She completed doesn’t wanna listen to my plan and saying no I want 110gram and she keep saying her friend and mother think is low bare in mind she’s 25 years,
Is weird cause am marrying her not her mother or friends my head is all over the place. He final answer was give 110gram or don’t marry me. Am thinking about leaving her if she already giving me ultimatum and not listening anything am saying,
Clearly that is sign that she doesn't want to marry you I would advise you not marry her if she is acting like this right now imagine the kinda person she is when you marry her save your sanity and your money.

Yaraye

VIP
I’m loving the market place bargaining.
You should’ve started off with a low offer so you could meet in the middle.
:cosbyhmm:
aren't women the ones to establish the meher? I plan on saying an extremely high meher, so that when I lower it to an above average amount, that man ain't gonna complain. :stevej:

In islam, mehers are announced to the world to everyone. It is to established to the public that these two people are taken, and not on the market anymore. No woman will agree to a small meher, since it concerns their rep.
Getting a small maher has no effect on your rep as a woman 😂 and plenty of people do settle for less if we are talking about Islam it's sunnah to make it cheap. mahr fatimi is the sunnah standard and its not expensive at all. Plus all the prophet's wives didn't receive massive amounts of mahr and there rep as the mother of the believers was in no way affected. No one even talks about there mahr because rep wise its a non issue and no one is gonna feel any type of way except maybe your girl friends

aren't women the ones to establish the meher? I plan on saying an extremely high meher, so that when I lower it to an above average amount, that man ain't gonna complain. :stevej:
That’s the way to go. Just throw those numbers out there.
Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
I just wanna have a small wedding and a small mehr but a massive honeymoon but i get called cheap:rolleyes:.

I am already going to pay for all the expenses of my future wife so why not skip the buuq of the wedding and have a nice honey moon.

I guess finding a non materialistic wife would be hard in a world which trains us to be materialistic :(

Asc I need advice I live in 🇩🇪 planing to get marry soon inshallah. The girl asked for 110 gram gold I told her i afford 70gram gold and that I wanna go to umrah with her. She completed doesn’t wanna listen to my plan and saying no I want 110gram and she keep saying her friend and mother think is low bare in mind she’s 25 years,
Is weird cause am marrying her not her mother or friends my head is all over the place. He final answer was give 110gram or don’t marry me. Am thinking about leaving her if she already giving me ultimatum and not listening anything am saying,
Pay her 120 grams of gold.

Mr. Nur

Aspiring Somali CEO 🇸🇴
In Islam, the institution of marriage is highly regarded as a means of fulfilling the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) and seeking the pleasure of Allah SWT. Marriage is a bond between two individuals based on love, respect, and trust. It is not simply a material transaction, but a spiritual connection that requires a deep understanding of one another's needs and expectations.

It is important for both parties to communicate honestly and openly with each other, and to strive to find a solution that is acceptable to both families. While cultural traditions and expectations may play a role in the decision-making process, it is essential to prioritize the principles of fairness and mutual respect.

In this particular situation, it may be helpful for the individuals involved to discuss the expectations and traditions surrounding the amount of gold given as part of a wedding. It may also be beneficial to explore alternative options that align with their financial capabilities and shared values.

Ultimately, the success of any marriage depends on the commitment and dedication of both individuals to uphold the principles of Islam and to seek the pleasure of Allah SWT. May Allah SWT guide us all to make the best decisions in our lives and bless us with righteous and fulfilling relationships.