Mixed somali weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabshole

Aragaani
Never been to a mixed race somali wedding and hopefully i never will, im cutting off any relative that marries a non somali for life:damedamn:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I personally would want my wedding to be segregated, i do not want to start the most critical chapter of my life by disobeying god.

Gambar

VIP
i hate all the gibberish they chat during baraanbuur. can't stand their whiny voice they sing it in either.

in sha Allah if i ever get married, i plan on not having a wedding at all. why waste money on boring annoying people to secretly judge you.
The bride has it because they're showering her praise. :icon lol:

I would definitely say have a wedding but make it small and intimate and don't allow any of the islaamo and their evil eye at your wedding.

VixR

Veritas
You never been to a Somali wedding?
I've been to a few. By segregated I thought the OP meant genders, but I've never seen a segregated gender Somali wedding, so I was surprised. But come to know mixed = mixed race, then yes I have been to a mixed Somali wedding through my family.

I don't like weddings. I get bored to tears and headaches. After I see e what everyone's wearing and taken a few pics, I'm over it already.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I've been to a few. By segregated I thought the OP meant genders, but I've never seen a segregated gender Somali wedding, so I was surprised. But come to know mixed = mixed race, then yes I have been to a mixed Somali wedding through my family.

I don't like weddings. I get bored to tears and headaches. After I see what everyone's wearing and taken a few pics, I'm over it already.

Weddings are massively overrated. Almost as overrated as fireworks and new year celebrations. I don't understand people who go to weddings every other weekend.

VixR

Veritas
Weddings are massively overrated. Almost as overrated as fireworks and new year celebrations. I don't understand people who go to weddings every other weekend.
Ppl are different. My cousin is getting married come summer and I have to travel for that. From my perspective, once you socialize and show off, there's not much to take in and the music's too loud. I don't dance and I don't really care about the food. I've been to few enough I look forward to going, and I esp like getting ready for them. It's when I get there that's the problem. I like to make my appearance and take in the visuals, and meet; but that doesn't take very long and Somali weddings run late.

Somali weddings run on African time; start late, end late, lack of structure, but it's cool to see ppl in one place.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
the male version of the segregated wedding is so boring. niggas just eat bariis and cut :what:

VixR

Veritas
What's the ratio of segregated to mixed? I've never seen a segregated wedding. What do they even do.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
What's the ratio of segregated to mixed? I've never seen a segregated wedding. What do they even do.
like 60-40 prob nowadays, it used to be more. the women do buraambur and shaash-saar and shit. the men usually dont even have an event if its segregated other than the meher

I've seen some of the women only parties on DVD. Never seen Somali women get so turnt up :whew:

Mixed weddings are much more awkward though.

the male version of the segregated wedding is so boring. niggas just eat bariis and cut :what:
At least you get some money at the end. :bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.