Mohammed Hijab gets called a pedo by the far-right, Zionists, and Ryan Garcia after an old video resurfaced in which he talks about underage marriage

There’s needs be an honest discussion about the Hadith’s and its odd nature. I realised certain Islamophobes uses the Hadiths (and the weird chapter that exist in the Hadiths) as an ammo at the religion.

If the Hadiths documents the Prophets behaviours and actions it will be deemed wrong or out of touch from our modern world. But this is religion we’re talking about. Prophet Mohammed was highly influential but his methods are considered unorthodox from our modern world.
You say that cuz you don't how hadiths work or even opened a hadith book or even read works done by Hadith scholars whose job is to authenticate the hadiths

@DojaKhat I was outside. The answer would be yes as long as they’re a truly righteous Muslim. Also my daughter most have menstruated and be physically and mentally mature for marriage. Not to mention she’ll have willfulling to accept the marriage. With all that in mind I could accept the marriage request.
You should have tagged @Khanderson since he was the one who asked the question not me.

Also none of the criteria you've outlined could ever be reasonably satisfied by a 9 year old so by default you are against child marriage but force yourself to make an exception because Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is involved.

That’s why I said besides the west in my post. Historically everywhere else it was normal to get married younger. For example I’m 2 generations removed from badiyo which is the perfect example for how marriage looked in pre colonial Somalia. in my dad’s side my great grandmother had my grandfather at 16 and my grandfather had his first kid at 17 and his wife was 14. Nobody thought this was unusual cause it wasn’t. Same with other civilizations.

View attachment 333647

View attachment 333646

Didn’t muhammad marry aisha when she was 6 tho

So even under the Islamic definition she was still a child. That’s why he waited 3 whole years to finish the job, cuz she hit puberty and “became an adult” when she was 9

The issue here is the implications of this islamically, not whether or not it was okay “back then”.

If Islamic morals are objective, for all of mankind and all time, and if muhammad saw is perfect, does that mean according to Islam marrying children and waiting till they’re “adults” is okay?

Saying that “times have changed” means that Islamic rules aren’t objective after all

Last edited:

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
You should have tagged @Khanderson since he was the one who asked the question not me.

Also none of the criteria you've outlined could ever be reasonably satisfied by a 9 year old so by default you are against child marriage but force yourself to make an exception because Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is involved.

He was outside running from my question.

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

This is reformist nonsense. The laws of Allah SWT will never change and is a guide for mankind until qiyamah.

Where do you get the idea where you can call Allah SWT law out-dated? Some of you may as well take it all the way and say what the atheists who have brainwashed you normally say, that islam is an archaic 7th century religion. Some of you have said it several times already in this thread, be careful of kufr.

Marriage at puberty is moral, slavery is moral, concubinage is moral, everything allowed in the Quran and Sunnah is moral. That is the Muslims positions.

Those arguing for the liberal/feminist position should stop sly attacks against Islam and justify their liberal beliefs instead.
Does anyone marry underage nowadays? Wouldn’t that make the concept of marriage at puberty outdated? Where did you get the impression that I called Allahs law outdated? It wasn’t outdated then, the lifespan and health of people back then was much worse than it is, so it was justified in those days

Also quick notification 🔔, Aisha RA would’ve hit puberty around the time of her consummation which was 9 years old, I think, this is a specific case not the general trend, most kids nowadays hit puberty around 11-13 years of age.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
No I said the act isn’t moral, we surmise that Allah made it permissible as it was a practice of those days, the same way slavery was permissible. It was the practice of those days, and since the world was infinitely far more treacherous and whatnot, it makes sense as to why it was considered permissible and regulated.
Okay then Allah’s laws aren’t objective morality since they are subjective to times and conditions.

Also quick notification 🔔, Aisha RA would’ve hit puberty around the time of her consummation which was 9 years old, I think, this is a specific case not the general trend, most kids nowadays hit puberty around 11-13 years of age.
Even if you say 11 most people won't accept it here because of the modern brainwashing.

Okay then Allah’s laws aren’t objective morality since they are subjective to times and conditions.
Because I wouldn’t partake in it does not mean I consider it to be Haram. the same could be said about many things. And no Allah’s laws aren’t subjective to times and changes in morality, stop putting words in my mouth.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Because I wouldn’t partake in it does not mean I consider it to be Haram. the same could be said about many things. And no Allah’s laws aren’t subjective to times and changes in morality, stop putting words in my mouth.
My dear brother. I didn’t put words in your mouth

No I said the act isn’t moral, we surmise that Allah made it permissible as it was a practice of those days, the same way slavery was permissible.

Most of you are influenced by western ideologies. In Islam once a child hits puberty they became an Adult and our Prophet Muhammad (SAW) did nothing wrong. Stop following man made gaalo laws.

I’ve changed my mind I agree with the ruling and I don’t think I’ll place western law above the Allahs ruling, I fully recant and withdraw from that position
btw some important stuff must be outlined.

the marriage doesnt give a green light to everything, if it is contracted b4 she reaches puberty and is physically able, sexual relations are obviously not allowed.

The father(and by extension in most caes the family) is completely involved in every step of the way. no father would marry his daughter to an immoral man, if he does so knowing this man will hurt his child, this is obviously haram.

A'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) was alr set to marry another man but this marriage was called off so that she could marry the prophet

he btw also received a dream abt her, whether this was a prophetic vision is subject to interpretation and there are differences among scholars
1720230931663.png

no one can argue that this is morally wrong as either their "morality" is completely subjective and therefore wothless considering their beliefs are a product of their time and place or it is found in their religion as well(namely judaism and christianity). besides historically, there have only been 2 classifcations of humans(in which there are sub groups ofc) of adult and non-adult. adulthood was reached at puberty. This "teenager" stuff and the infantilizing of these teenagers as if they are incapable of thought is something relatively new and would be unknown to the majority of mankind that has ever walked on this earth.

for those who think USA is the moral beacon of the world(lol) child marriage is still rampant there, it is legal in many states, decriminalized in others and only banned in 12 states. You won't ever hear these folk say anything abt the USA though

1720231487262.png

They could actually. You’re just saying it’s impossible.

I’ve changed my mind I agree with the ruling and I don’t think I’ll place western law above the Allahs ruling, I fully recant and withdraw from that position

There is no law in Islam that states It is Sunnah to Marry a 9 year Old. Don't be duped dude by ignorant individuals whose knowledge of Islam extends as far as their copy pasting. Many of them even don't understand what they are quoting.

- Islam didn't put an age to marriage agreements and a father can give his daughter to someone he prefers while his daughter is say 3 years Old, but that marriage to hold and to be lawful, both the father and the man who is supposed to be her husband HAVE TO WAIT UNTILL She reaches age of consent. In More than one Occassion, the prophet stated permission is required for a girl who never married before, and a woman who had prior marriage can manage her own affairs as she sees fit. In Another occassion where a woman complained about her marriage, he told her that she can get out of it provided she pays back what she got as Meher. That is the way of Islam regarding marriage. No forced marriages, permission is required, freedom to choose who to marry, all these rights were given to women in their protection. It is obvious this marriage business expects adults who can give consent. There is no children involved.