Mosques and tribalism: How some mosques are denying burials because of clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but these problems don't usually happen down under.

I don't think so, the problems in Melbourne are ideological. Many young Somalis hang around the Hume Islam Centre run by the Jordanian Salafi firebrand Mohamed Omran, where you will find impressionable future and past terrorists hanging proudly with Somalis.

I dont believe in clans, most of them are bullshit Arab ones made up to solidify conversion so it means absolutely nothing. Especially in the Northern parts of Somalia.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
I don't think so, the problems in Melbourne are ideological. Many young Somalis hang around the Hume Islam Centre run by the Jordanian Salafi firebrand Mohamed Omran, where you will find impressionable future and past terrorists hanging proudly with Somalis.

Bruh don't diss the HIYC, its the GOAT. Whenever I go to Melb. its the first priority straight as soon as we pass the Cooper Street exit on Hume Freeway.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Went to England once and I saw 3 mosques in a 1 square mile radius in a Somali xaafad. When I asked why this was the case I found out it was due to tribalism and clan conflict. Shameful.

Bruh don't diss the HIYC, its the GOAT. Whenever I go to Melb. its the first priority straight as soon as we pass the Cooper Street exit on Hume Freeway.

Bruh, you might go there for the impressionable young Somali birds who are attracted to the name of "youth Islamic Centre" but, Sheikh Omran is a well known Salafi jihadi figure. He is an anti-ISIS because like Alshabab, he has given his loyalty towards Ayman Al-Zawahiri and his son, also called Ayman was recently killed by the Lebanese Hizbullah militia while fighting for al Nusra-Front in Syria.

The Islamic Centre in Melbourne linked to Christmas terror plot.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/t...to-christmas-terror-plot-20161224-gthnnd.html

Islamic State recruiter makes contact with popular Melbourne sheikh

http://www.smh.com.au/national/isla...popular-melbourne-sheikh-20150514-gh1xo9.html

Be aware of Mohamed Omrani.

I have heard of the gang part but not the clan part. Every Muslim deserves a proper burial regardless of the life they lived.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Only reason I could think you wouldn't bury someone is if they were heavily in crime and you didn't want potential fallout with criminals affecting your mosque.

Even a mosque is a brand and one that can be tarnished with gang affiliation.

I would rather have these Somalis pray and struggle in an alien culture than give up their faith. Every society has issues to work on and that imperfection is not an excuse to not pray.

I have prayed in many mosques, Somali and non-somali alike. Nobody cares who you are clan-wise so give it a rest please. Also, in America, burying people requires a land you own since all lands are pre-owned, and service fees.

Somalis and Muslims get buried whether they have the money or not. There is even Facebook run by a Somali guy for burial donations and I think he is from Minnesota.

You may get a kick out of insulting Somalis due to your allegiance that lay somewhere else, or just your life-style that doesn't match what Somalis care about, but be at least truthful in your digs.

There are worse things in life than belonging to a clan.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
:heh: Yes, the place of worship might've been rented out/or built by a fellow from the XYZ qabiil but that is what it all boils down to, this whole notion Hawiye's only got to Hawiye mosques and Daroods go to Daroods mosques etc. is straight up bullshit. You telling me these niggas walking around with their qabiils over their heads like an RPG guild name, PvP zones and shit setup at the door preventing blocked qabiils from entering?

The other mosque might be quieter, have more space and provide an English dubbed sermon or even be close to the FKD cafe they roast at.
These mosques are patronised by Somalis from all over, qabiil/clan has nothing to do with it, you're just there to pray that's it lol.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
:heh: Yes, the place of worship might've been rented out/or built by a fellow from the XYZ qabiil but that is what it all boils down to, this whole notion Hawiye's only got to Hawiye mosques and Daroods go to Daroods mosques etc. is straight up bullshit. You telling me these niggas walking around with their qabiils over their heads like an RPG guild name, PvP zones and shit setup at the door preventing blocked qabiils from entering?

The other mosque might be quieter, have more space and provide an English dubbed sermon or even be close to the FKD cafe they roast at.
These mosques are patronised by Somalis from all over, qabiil/clan has nothing to do with it, you're just there to pray that's it lol.

English dubbed sermon

Bye wallahi :dead:

These mosques are patronised by Somalis from all over, qabiil/clan has nothing to do with it.

That is more like it bro. I have never seen what they are talking about. But I am not surprised at their zeal when it comes to insulting Somalis always. Been waa la sheegaa, laakiin mid soconaysaa lasheegaa.

FOR those of you poor in Somali:

Tell a lie but tell one that can walk LOL

Literal translation.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
English dubbed sermon

Bye wallahi :dead:
That's what it is man, some of these Sheikhs be dropping some mad Arabic on me like yo where's the subs at?
Mans just sitting around waiting for the lit "Amiin" part.

:what1:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
That's what it is man, some of these Sheikhs be dropping some mad Arabic on me like yo where's the subs at?
Mans just sitting around waiting for the lit "Amiin" part.
:what1:

I'm dying fam

That came outta nowhere :dead:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
At least make it English sub these mosques out here giving me unscanned, non-translated, pre release material :deadosama:

At least make it English sub these mosques out here giving me unscanned, non-translated, pre release material :deadosama:
Even mosques in majority Arab places dubai recognised this and started to give khutbas in english to accommodate the non arabic speakers. Only in Somali mosques you will find khutbas in arabic when the majority don't even speak it kek

Somalis pray at mosques where the mosque boards belong to their clan. This is nothing new. It's been like that since the early 1990s.
The 90s were different. Kinda difficult to be praying beside the dude that killed your family member back home.

Things mostly died down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.