Most common names in Somalia according to Forebears database. Is your name on the list?

Weird I thought Jama was the Somali version of Jummah? Crazy that Jama is my last name and I didn’t even know it’s Somali 😭

I haven't come across any ajnabis named Jama. It's a very common Somali name (usually surname) so I assume it's native. I couldn't tell you what it means though.

Im_✨

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
My name is wayyy too rare to be on this list. Apparently only 6 people in the world has it according to forebears

Last edited:
?
Deya is slang for there so read that again my fren
Confused Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack's Text Back Pack
LOOL 😂 I read that wrong

I was coming off a night shift and hella sleep deprived 💀

It is derived from the root word ‘حمد’ or ‘hamida,’ meaning ‘to praise.’
They name boys that in the gulf states and in Indonesia.
Even the name Shukri is used for boys over there.
Not that's different, it's Hamad for boy not Hamada حمد × حمدة is the female version of the name ... There also other varieties for the male name حمودة، حميد، حميدة ... Hamoda, Himid, Hamooda etc ... They come in different ways with the feminine Hamda version حمدة

and farah is a girls name lol

It's due to Caydiid ... Since he gained international notoriety for killing those American soldiers his name was butchered in Arabic from Mohamed Faarax Caydiid to Mohamed Farax Caydiid .... Arab say فرح instead of فارح which is a female name lol.

Trending