My mother calls me skimos - Somali parents and made up meanings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
LMAOOO I'M LAUGHING SO HARD. Apparently it means dwarf but I googled it and this came up
skimos_3.jpg

WTF? :cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:

lmaoo! Wallahi I haven't heard that term in years. Thanks for the laughs.

I thought only reer waqooyi's used the term skiimoos for dwarfs or really short people but ur Hawiye right? Interesting.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
lmaoo! Wallahi I haven't heard that term in years. Thanks for the laughs.

I thought only reer waqooyi's used the term skiimoos for dwarfs or really short people but ur Hawiye right? Interesting.

LMAO I didn't know that was a Somali thing. My mother was born and raised in Xamar. She keeps telling me wear high heels because you're a skimos.

LMAO I didn't know that was a Somali thing. My mother was born and raised in Xamar. She keeps telling me wear high heels because you're a skimos.

Good to know it's used all over Somalia. I love it when north and south have things like this in common, and I it hate when people exaggerate the small differences.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
What region of Somalia are your parents from saaxiib? I used to hear it all the time growing up especially from my aunts on my mothers side. Also it's a slang term, so maybe ur parents aren't really into slang.
Xamar though my parents probably know it but me personally I haven't heard it, didn't know there was a term for dwarfism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending