My mother calls me skimos - Somali parents and made up meanings

Status
Not open for further replies.
We call it cilin

:dead:

Lool, We use that term as well. I've noticed that some of the southern Mareexaan from Gedo speak with a northern dialect that is very close to how the Eastern Isaaq and Harti clans from Sool and Sanaag speak. It's interesting because the Mareexaans to the north of reer Gedo who reside in Caabudwaaq are less northern in their dialect and speak with a Mudug dialect. Would u agree with this assessment? And are u reer Gedo or reer Caabudwaaq?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Lool, We use that term as well. I've noticed that some of the southern Mareexaan from Gedo speak with a northern dialect that is very close to how the Eastern Isaaq and Harti clans from Sool and Sanaag speak. It's interesting because the Mareexaans to the north of reer Gedo in Caabudwaaq are less northern in their dialect and speak with a Mudug dialect. Would u agree with this assessment? And are u reer Gedo or reer Caabudwaaq?

I really wouldn't know tbh, I haven't met many from Gedo around these parts and they sound strange to me, almost rahanweyn style Somali accent. iirc there is a division in Gedo between Guri and Galti, with the former speaking with a distinct accent.

I really wouldn't know tbh, I haven't met many from Gedo around these parts and they sound strange to me, almost rahanweyn style Somali accent. iirc there is a division in Gedo between Guri and Galti, with the former speaking with a distinct accent.

Yes, some of the Mareexaan in Gedo sound like their Raxanweyn neighbours. I think those are the reer Guri, while the Galti basically sound like reer Sool/Nugaal. But like you I'm not sure about this.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
My parents are from Xamar and they used to call short people geele gaab and tall folks ali dheerow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending