My name is Toby

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Looks better than the one they made us watch in secondary school. Why does the guy have British accent for? Isn't it America?

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Yeah you are right that's very sad but I'm not a slave so I'm only giving my POV. I'm thinking of myself in that position I would tell him my name is Kaleel once maybe twice if I'm cheeky then I'd stop. That's why I never understood people being tortured in Guantanamo for instance. I mean they clearly want you to tell them what they want to hear so go ahead.
I think there's a difference between accepting your general position in life and submitting to torture like that, but yeah you raise a good point.
I think what that scene was about was less about the torture itself and more about the mental aspect though. He literally gave up his identity at that point. His dignity was gone. As soon as he did that, he essentially became property.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
I think there's a difference between accepting your general position in life and submitting to torture like that, but yeah you raise a good point.
I think what that scene was about was less about the torture itself and more about the mental aspect though. He literally gave up his identity at that point. His dignity was gone. As soon as he did that, he essentially became property.
Did it make you sad? There's a similar scene in 12 years a slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.