My252 Q&A with freshman Abdi Mohamed of Ohio State men's soccer team (Menace do you know him?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Freshman midfielder Abdi Mohamed has made an immediate impact on the 2015 Ohio State men’s soccer team. Mohamed, who played at Westerville Central High School, has seen action in all seven games with three starts for the Buckeyes. The OSU freshman has collected three points in the past two games, scoring his first career goal at No. 11 Akron Sept. 16 before contributing to the team’s goal vs. No. 13 Penn State with his first career assist last Sunday. He will look to continue that success tonight against the Flyers.

First kick is at 7 p.m. ET Friday at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

Wolstein Classic, OSU vs Binghamton. August 30, 2015. The Ohio State University
Walt Middleton Photography 2015

Read his Q&A below:

Name: Abdi Mohamed
High School: Westerville Central
Club: Classics Eagles
Height: 5’11’
Weight: 141
Hometown: Nairobi, Kenya
Position: Defensive Midfield

What was it like scoring your first collegiate goal at Akron?Even though we didn’t get the result we were looking for, it was a great feeling honestly. And being against Akron just made it even sweeter. Starting the season the way we did is not what we wanted. So we decided to changes some things for the Akron game and I’d say we showed up big time. We just have to keep playing the way we did last week and we should have a season to remember.

You didn’t even look up at the goal. Did you know it was going to go in?I just kept my eye on the ball the entire time. I mean right as the cross from Hunter came in, I started picturing where the ball would be. As that happened, it rolled directed towards me and I just laced it.

When did the coaching staff see you play in high school?Coach Bluem and Gordo [coach Gordona] saw me play at one of my high school games against our rivals Westerville South. I was playing against a good friend of mine and an outstanding player by the name of Emmanuel Sabbi from the Chicago Magic Psg, who is now with the under-20 USMNT. Basically, my job for that game was to just play man-to-man with him no matter what position he played. I rose to the occasion and my team came out with the win.

What position do you play and what is your favorite part about playing in that role?My favorite position is defensive midfield. Playing that position you have to be calm on the ball. My favorite part is whichever team controls the midfield usually ends up with the upper hand. I just love everything about that.

What should Buckeye fans expect to see from you on the field in 2015?As a player, they should expect to see my competitiveness on the pitch representing this great university.

What do you plan on studying at Ohio State and why?I am majoring in business management right now at the Fisher College of Business. My dad owns his own business and I want to go into that after getting my degree.

What opponent are you most looking forward to play against this fall?Akron. I came to last year’s game at Jesse Owens and immediately loved the rivalry.

If you didn’t play soccer, what sport would it be?I’d kick for football. Other than that I don’t see myself playing another sport.

What interesting things did you do this past summer?
I traveled to Brazil and Canada for a month before I came back to Columbus for camp week.

If you could witness any event of the past, present or future what would it be?If I had to choose an event to witness again I’d probably go with the World Cup final between Germany and Argentina.

If you were a superhero, who and why?I’d want to be the Flash. Cause he never gets tired and can run for days.

Favorites:

Food: Lasagna
Music:
R&B
Movie:
Saving Private Ryan
Social Media:
Twitter
Quote/Motto/Saying:
“Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me”
Team:
Barcelona
Athlete:
Leo Messi
All-time sports moment:
Coming back to beat Westerville South, 3-2
Pre-game match ritual:
I really don’t have a pre-game ritual. Usually just stick to the game plan and play

Prior to Ohio State: Played for Classic Eagles in Columbus as a midfielder and played high school at Westerville Central High School, where he was named All-State in 2014 … named by CollegeSoccerNews.com as the No. 99 ranked player in the country for the Class of 2015 … 10 goals and 23 assists in f our years at Central … all-time assists leader and team MVP his senior year … four-year letterwinner …. honorable mention all-OCC his freshman year … second team all-OCC sophomore year and was a first-team all-OCC in both 2013 and 2014 … second-team all-district (2013) … second team all-state in 2014 … two-time captain for the Warhawks.

Personal: Son of Fadumo Mohamed, Bisharo Mohamed and Shiekuna Omar … has 11 siblings, including six brothers, Mohamed Ibrahim, Aden Ibrahim, Abdirashid, Ibrahim, Abdinajib Ibrahim, Abdikadir Ibrahim, Abdikarim aliyo and five sisters, Farhiya Ibrahim, Amina Ibrahim, Hamdi aliyo, Dunia aliyo and Sabrina aliyo …. would like to play professionally after graduation … likes to play FIFA, watch Netflix and work out in his spare time …. lists greatest sports thrill as coming back to defeat Westerville South, 3-2, and beating Westerville North on PKs to go to district final.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
They asked him all time favorite sport moment and he picks when his school beat WS.:dead:

Hope the kid goes far if he chooses to be a professional after college.

Columbus stand up:win:

Q

Queen Carawelo

He's a freshman in H.S? But but but but he looks like he's in his 20s. Mid 20s.

Edit

He goes to Ohio State lol.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
He went to Westerville High....he is ranked top 100 in the nation ...must likely a Mareehan...certainly a Daarood...how do I know ?...West Colimbus is mainly Issaq

Q

Queen Carawelo

Jambal baad ku fargatay :dead::chrisfreshhah:
Huh?

How come every Somali that lives in Ohio goes to Ohio state? Every Somali I come across either went to Ohio state or goes to Ohio state. Is Ohio state the only Uni in Ohio? Looool

menace

VIP
I also went to OSU..
But you don't hear about the school with the most Somalis ..Columbus State Community College...there's also otterbein college ..Dominican University ...Franklin U..there's a lot of kids that drive 1 hour away to U if Dayton..others go to U of Cincy...some do a special program at U of Toledo ...there's even gifted ones that go to Case Western U...then there many now that go to U of Ohio

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Idman,
Wth is huh? Can you not read Somali?:mindblown:

Menace,
Samosas ain't that deep in Columbus:camby:Last time I remember the west was kinda a Bantu spot.:browtf:

Anyway whatever he is I hope he reaches the top.:nvjpqts:

menace

VIP
I hope so too...I don't care for qabiil but you asked info and I provided ....we could perhaps see him in team USA wC 18

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I hope so too...I don't care for qabiil but you asked info and I provided ....we could perhaps see him in team USA wC 18
:comeon:I didn't ask for his qabiil tho :camby:If he works hard he can make the squad.

I want to see Somali youths doing good in sports ninyow. We gotta have people representing us in the big stage.

menace

VIP
Why so?

Majority of basketball at a young age are slender tall kids. With the right regiment and diet, tall Somalis shouldn't have a problem making it. Look at Durant

You just mentioned their biggest problem ..slender..that doesny fly in collegiate ball let alone the NBA ..the dudes I played in my gym with have convicted me that we truly need bigger bones and proper diet..Hooyos bariis ain't cutting it ..I've been to an NBA game ..good lord these guy are xayawaan, unhuman like

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Reason why Somali youths don't make it is cause they don't have support. Look at the madows who supports them? Most of them get helped from middle school all the way up. Either a teacher, coach, counselor or some random person who seen their talent helps them achieve their goals.

When a Somali kid says he wants to be something especially in sports close relatives and friends laugh at them and they discourage them. How can you achieve something that's important to you when the people close to you are hating or undermining you? :francis:

menace

VIP
Reason why Somali youths don't make it is cause they don't have support. Look at the madows who supports them? Most of them get helped from middle school all the way up. Either a teacher, coach, counselor or some random person who seen their talent helps them achieve their goals.

When a Somali kid says he wants to be something especially in sports close relatives and friends laugh at them and they discourage them. How can you achieve something that's important to you when the people close to you are hating or undermining you? :francis:

Their body form is the curse...my nigga best believe me ..we got chicken arms and legs no matter how hard we workout

You just mentioned their biggest problem ..slender..that doesny fly in collegiate ball let alone the NBA ..the dudes I played in my gym with have convicted me that we truly need bigger bones and proper diet..Hooyos bariis ain't cutting it ..I've been to an NBA game ..good lord these guy are xayawaan, unhuman like
I agree the barris and pasta aren't going to cut it.

But you must be naive to think College basketball yet alone high school basketballers aren't using gear.

Their body form is the curse...my nigga best believe me ..we got chicken arms and legs no matter how hard we workout
This is some defeatist mentality.

Do you understand how human body works? Anyone can put on weight and muscles, it is the easiest thing to do. The Asians today dominate weight lifting in the Olympics.

All Somalis need to a proper diet when developing and some sport "scientist" around them if they are serious about making to college and pro level.

On point. :deargod:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP

Same with South Asians in Britain. There are 3 million South Asians in UK (6% of the population) and yet they've never had a single one representing England.

In fact, the only two players of Indian descent who are pro are actually only half Indian (and half white). Neil Taylor at Swansea and Michael Chopra who was formerly at Sunderland.

The England national team is utterly dominated by cadaans and madows. Even though there are far more South Asians than blacks in UK. Indians and Pakistanis are not encouraged by their family to enter football.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Same with South Asians in Britain. There are 3 million South Asians in UK (6% of the population) and yet they've never had a single one representing England.

In fact, the only two players of Indian descent who are pro are actually only half Indian (and half white). Neil Taylor at Swansea and Michael Chopra who was formerly at Sunderland.

The England national team is utterly dominated by cadaans and madows. Even though there are far more South Asians than blacks in UK. Indians and Pakistanis are not encouraged by their family to enter football.
The only sport that comes to mind when I think about south Asians is cricket. It's the only sport they pursue and they're good at it. Beside cricket they don't really get into other sports waa dad iska waxbarshada ku dadaala.

A modow kid here in the states, will think shit man I could be rich if I pursue basketball and make it to the NBA while a Hindi, Mexican or even cadaan wouldn't entertain such idea because, they know they won't be successful. So they instead stick to education. That's why cadaan niggaz take college education serious. They know if they don't make it they'll have something to fall back on. while for most madows college is just a stepping stone to reach their goals.

When it comes to Somali's bro we don't encourage our peers enough. If a friend says hey guys ima be an astronaut the whole room would start laughing. Comments like man we are Somali's, we don't become astronaut's or bro you're dumb do you really expect to be an astronaut? All these negative comments would fly around and you can guess how much the kid is hurting inside by hearing these comments from his closest peers.:francis: If we weren't such xaasids we would be a lot more successful bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts