Non Somalis are coming to Somali restaurants in droves

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something I've started to notice.

But they always go to this one mediocre one and they think its the best Somali restaurant.

Those hipster cadaans and begging-to-integrate multiculturalist Asian youth come in large groups with big smiles on their faces once they've finished their meal. They love the Somali style meat and bariis dish with mango juice/isbarmuuto. They even have bananas with them

Its not the same happy face I usually see after they eat sushi, butter chicken or pad Thai.

:chrisfreshhah:

S

Shamis

Please send us some indha yar reer North America - we're plagued by the stingy racist reer maroodi caabud.

Who doesn't love roasted hilib iyo bariis?

Last edited by a moderator:
Indians are better than Chinese. I've mingled with Indians in India and they are very friendly people.

Damn I haven't ate yellow bariis with hilib in a long time.
Dumbass Djiboutians eat bariis with sauce.

S

Shamis

WTH is ranch dressing and how did it find its way on bariis? I like the sound of the rest but sometimes you need to switch it up and put some thick suqaar on the bariis add moos, bisbaas and insalaato and you're good.

WTH is ranch dressing and how did it find its way on bariis? I like the sound of the rest but sometimes you need to switch it up and put some thick suqaar on the bariis add moos, bisbaas and insalaato and you're good.
Ranch dressing for the salad.

You might as well eat curry if you're going to put sauce on a rice. This is how real rice looks like
6a016303f3fe31970d017d431e7e2f970c-800wi.jpg

S

Shamis

Its not curry because the flavour is not curry and it's not oily either. I can't eat the same bariis every day sorry. I reserve that one for feast days and my usual has a sauce with it.

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
Last time I went to a Somali restaurant, two male German tourists in their 20s were ordering food.
They were drinking shah while waiting for their food.

Q

Queen Carawelo

In Minneapolis cadaans love eating sambusa with shaah. I was once in line for a morning sambusa run and this college male student was behind me, we sparked a conversation and he pretty much said, he saved so much money since he started eating at Somali restaurants, he kept saying Somali food has endless portions, delicious and cheap. He said he eats 3 sambusa with a cup of tea and it costs him 4 dollars and at lunch he gets either pasta or rice with meat. He eats half and saves the other half for dinner.

S

Shamis

@Idol he's such a cheapskate - that mentality puts me off my food. I know a Somali guy like that - he orders a thali form the Indian and eats it the next day.

Q

Queen Carawelo

@Idol he's such a cheapskate - that mentality puts me off my food. I know a Somali guy like that - he orders a thali form the Indian and eats it the next day.
I didn't judge him because he's a college student, who's not living at his parents home and probably doesn't work.lol.

S

Shamis

I didn't judge him because he's a college student, who's not living at his parents home and probably doesn't work.lol.

Horta why don't men cook? Hooyo makes food, then maqaayaddaha and then wifey. College is a smoke screen, I made home cooked food and used the microwave in the common room.

how could you not :dwill:? ranch dressing with baris is life.

S

Shamis

I've only ever seen it in Subways - I've never tried it or thought of putting it on bariis. Is it the white dressing?

Q

Queen Carawelo

Horta why don't men cook? Hooyo makes food, then maqaayaddaha and then wifey. College is a smoke screen, I made home cooked food and used the microwave in the common room.
Men are lazy. They were programmed by their mother to not cook. Smh

Q

Queen Carawelo

I've only ever seen it in Subways - I've never tried it or thought of putting it on bariis. Is it the white dressing?
I used to love ranch.

U.K don't have it. My cousins used to bulk up ranch dressing in their bags.

20120508-ranch-hidden-valley-original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending