Now I understand why fob Somali women bleach

I was so repulsed by what i read that I actually spit out my delicious peach yogurt. I feel nauseous wallahi. I don't understand how some people can actually bring themselves to say or post such things. Like, are they not disgusted with themselves? :umwhat:

Ilaahay has spared you from the fob side of TikTok, they are so repulsive, bitter and mean. You see some real men in the comments, who leave nice comments, and that's the saving grace.

I advise everyone to open the profile of the colourist males, and tell me, I am lying about them.

rayxn3

πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The fact of the matter is that whether it’s over 50% or less than we cannot say it’s a fact since we don’t have data AT all. I’m merely noting it is a huge issue and it an issue one 100% notices if they go back home with Nairobi being the worst hit.

rayxn3

πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ
Ilaahay has spared you from the fob side of TikTok, they are so repulsive, bitter and mean. You see some real men in the comments, who leave nice comments, and that's the saving grace.

I advise everyone to open the profile of the colourist males, and tell me, I am lying about them.
They just have audacity back home and I think it’s because the men are delusional and aren’t aware of how ugly most people find them. They realise when they get to the west and resort to asking mathows for looksmaxxing tips like losers. Uff

Yaraye

VIP

Hey I understand your concerns but I’m On a Somali forum talking to Somali people. I’m not talking about it on TikTok. Bleaching is indeed an issue. I care about Somalis, not Sudanis or the like. If I was on TikTok or twitter talking about it to a non Somali audience, I’d get your concerns but I’m not. I can be frank amongst Somalis, the same way I’d like to think you wouldn’t jump on TikTok saying Somali men are self haters when we both know that other madow men are 5x times worse.

Anyways, the point of the discussion isn’t even about just the bleaching per se, it’s about the fobs on TikTok talking about Somali women’s lower regions and saying cadaan is better.

Last edited:

Yaraye

VIP

Exactly! :wtfdis:

[/SPOILER]

Bleached women are very unattractive to me to the point it developed a form of a disgust whenever I see their Michael jackson like faces . Their skin looks grey-ish & you can see their veins .it looks completely unnatural & bleaching causes them to be more hairy .

Western xalimos look 100x better than those bleached women . Western xalimos know how to enhance their beauty with skincare & make up . I said before Western xalimos need to teach them how apply make up & skin care :mybusiness:
All women are beautiful not all Somali women bleach there’s lots of natural dark skinned Somali women back home

rayxn3

πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ
On a Somali forum talking to Somali people. I’m not talking about it on TikTok. Bleaching is indeed an issue. I care about Somalis, not Sudanis or the like. If I was on TikTok or twitter talking about it to a non Somali audience, I’d get your concerns but I’m not. I can be frank amongst Somalis, the same way I’d like to think you wouldn’t jump on TikTok saying Somali men are self haters when we both know that other madow men are 5x times worse.

Anyways, the point of the discussion isn’t even about just the bleaching per se, it’s about the fobs on TikTok talking about Somali women’s lower regions and saying cadaan is better.
Fair enough.

I don’t get on tiktok saying Somali men are self haters but they definitely are. Mathow men might be worse right now but Somali men are getting there.

AbdiFreedom

Stop Trudeau's Black racism and mass immigration
Staff Member
I’m surprised you’re not writing a whole paragraph about this πŸ˜‚. Remember how you used to debate me on this topic about how Somalis are self hating and are obsessed with whiteness?

So you finally agree with me? I remember being so lonely in this view

rayxn3

πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ
@Farahslayer why’d you downvote? Do you not think airing out our problems and exaggerating how bad it is when others have it worse causes people to mock us and use it against us?

C0rnfried and not just that, this is the same audacity men have all over the world. They love to project their self-hate onto their female counterparts. For example, when fat men, insult fat women.

The AUDACITY.

First of all, our darkskinned girls tend to have model-like appearances. So, the nerve of some average or below average faarax, to try to make a gorgeous girl, feel bad about herself, grinds my gears.

Plus, they think that comments about appearance don't apply to them, because they are men. It reminds me of how Madow men, treat Madow women in the West.

It's high-time that these men were brought back down to earth, because they have lost the plot.
The beauty standard before the civil war was dark skinned with small features,a lot has changed

Somali men have become a group of extremely self hating men. Is it the media? They degrade their women openly like mathow men and project their hatred for their skin colour onto their women too. They uplift women of other groups and brag about getting with them to show how β€œdesirable” they are like the cringe passport bros thing earlier this year. I don’t know what’s going on honestly but it’s really sad.
But why Is it because you girls don't show us enough love or are we just born as haters?

Saying the majority of middle class Somalis bleach is also a reach. That’s a personal experience that you had but not factual statistics. Its an issue but it’s not as big as you’re making it out to be in real life.
View attachment 343590

Statistics? We haven’t had a proper cenus in Somalia for years, what makes you think there’s stats for skin bleaching in Somalia?

We can only rely on anecdotal, social media trends, etc to get a gauge of how prominent the skin bleaching industry in Somali-lands is. It’s one of the fastest growing industries in Somalia. I’d say 1 in 5 women in Somalia uses skin bleaching products. Hospitals are seeing an uptick of those suffering from the side effects of the harmful topical steroids they abuse.

It’s not trend. It’s a deeply rooted issue in Somali society back home.