Old Yemeni

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO! Somalia had its own city states at the time of D'mt. Archeologists found Ancient Egyptian, Mycenanean (Greek), and Persian pottery dating back to the 17th century BC in Northern Somalia which means that Somalia was the Land of Punt.
Link?
Every single news article on the land of punt says different things, the baboon fossil (official) analysis says eritrea/ethipia somaliland, and your links say otherwise
But id like to read
The images you provided have not been dated so we dont know around what time it was
At the time of d'mt there was no other kingdoms on the horn, punt collapsed earlier than when dmt started
What city states are u talking about?

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
Link?
Every single news article on the land of punt says different things, the baboon fossil (official) analysis says eritrea/ethipia somaliland, and your links say otherwise
But id like to read
The images you provided have not been dated so we dont know around what time it was
At the time of d'mt there was no other kingdoms on the horn, punt collapsed earlier than when dmt started
What city states are u talking about?
An Archaeological Reconnaissance of the Horn: The British-Somali Expedition 1975, Neville Chittick pg 133

It talks about pottery that was found in Hafun, Somalia at the time when trade was flourishing between Land of Punt and Ancient Egypt. So that means Somalia was definitely the Land of Punt.

An Archaeological Reconnaissance of the Horn: The British-Somali Expedition 1975, Neville Chittick pg 133

It talks about pottery that was found in Hafun, Somalia at the time when trade was flourishing between Land of Punt and Ancient Egypt. So that means Somalia was definitely the Land of Punt.

Are you a troll?:icon lol:

Some source says those imafes are from southern saudi arabia, apart from the one with somali lady
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10437-015-9184-9

This was taken in Sanaag, Somaliland.

10437_2015_9184_Fig8_HTML.gif

Nooooo:icon lol:, I just checked the first post of this thread and it's nearly identical to our script so it helps a bit.
You could practically read my username (without the vowels) using the first post:icon lol:.

LOL I totally forget about OP's post. But now that I look at they do look very similar.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Nooooo:icon lol:, I just checked the first post of this thread and it's nearly identical to our script so it helps a bit.
You could practically read my username (without the vowels) using the first post:icon lol:.
Is that script you're talking about the image of the ancient Somali script? Or is it a South Arabian one?

Is that script you're talking about the image of the ancient Somali script? Or is it a South Arabian one?

The one TheUnderTaker posted a clearer image of, that shows a zoomed in view. It looks a Sabaean apart from some small differences, it's not clear enough for me to tell though.
The tourism agency there or whoever deals with archaeologists should get more of them in, that's how we managed to find all these old artefact things.

The one TheUnderTaker posted a clearer image of, that shows a zoomed in view. It looks a Sabaean apart from some small differences, it's not clear enough for me to tell though.
The tourism agency there or whoever deals with archaeologists should get more of them in, that's how we managed to find all these old artefact things.
Is the Ge'ez script derived from the old yemeni script?

Is the Ge'ez script derived from the old yemeni script?

Yes. Ge'ez was originally written in Epigraphic South Arabian anyway and the kingdoms in Yemen, Oman and wherever else they were used it too.
It evolved into it's own script later, and then again into what we have.

The oldest South Arabian inscriptions are found in Southern Eritrea also, not Yemen, yet :icon lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.